Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Seb773
Adept I

Impossible to install STOREMI_2.0.1.150 with B450 and Ryzen 3 2200G

Hi,
I cannot install the storeMI 2.0.1.150, I get a splashscreen with the message "StoreMI does not support the system's processor and motherboard combination. please..."
My configuration is:
MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX board
Ryzen 3 2200G 
1 HDD 500Mo on STA1
1 SSD on M2 NVMe slot
In bios, secure boot is off, and AHCI mode is selected.
Did I miss anything?
Any clue?
Thanks,
Sébastien.

1 Solution

Hi,
I come back on this point and I just see that a new version of storeMI is available and the AMD compatibility table has been updated:
Seb773_0-1619891634809.png

So now, StoreMI is no more  compatible with my configuration...
The problem is solved
I close this discussion.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
plusjuu
Journeyman III

i have same spec (board + processor) and problems with you, let me know if you have the solution

Hi,

thank you for your post, I though I was alone...
I contacted the AMD support, that gave me a lot of tips, but I'm still experiencing this issue. I list below the checks and tries I did:

- check windows version (I have the last one)
- check the BIOS (I have the last one)
- send to AMD dxdiag report (no feedback on this point so I suppose it was good)
- uninstall all AMD drivers then re-install
- reset my windows 10 installation  (yes I did it, as it is a new PC it wasn't so hard...)
But none of this points solves the issue.

I also contact the MSI support (In France) because they talk about StoreMI on their internet site and my mother board is a MSI one, and the answer was quite a joke... " StoreMI is no more avalaible at AMD, it is why you get this error". And after several messages I didn't manage to explain the guy that AMD has released a new version, I get the feeling to talk to a deaf... (Note that I usually appreciate MSI support, but I think this time I didn't get the good guy...)

I am still in contact with AMD support, I will post here if they gave me a solution, but my feeling is that, curently, StoreMI is not working with this configuration (at least) or MSI need to do something in the BIOS.

Regards,
Sebastien.

0 Likes

Seb773_1-1614419345369.png

To be sure we are talking about the same error.

0 Likes

Same here. I have a B450 motherboard with latest BIOS (just flashed) and ryzen7 5800x. I get the same screen.

0 Likes

hi,

my support tickets with AMD and MSI are still opened. And they seem to investigate on this point.
If they give me a solution I will post it here.

0 Likes
ovilla
Journeyman III

Same here with Ryzen 5600X and chipset B550. Somebody knows if previous versiones actually works?

RyZEN1
Staff

May be the page file associated with the Non-Windows drive could explain the installation issue:

Please try the below steps and see if that resolves the issue:

"Windows + R" type "SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe" and launch the same -> Advanced -> Performance "Settings" -> Advanced Virtual Memory"Change" -> "Uncheck" Automatically manage paging file size for all drives Ensure "Paging" is only set to [Windows] Drive and not other drives.

After doing the steps, reboot the system and try installing StoreMI again. After StoreMI Installation, user can revert the Page file setting to previous settings if necessary.

0 Likes

Hi,

sorry for the delay. and thanks you for your help, I really appreciate any tips and ideas.
Unfortunally, I didn't manage to solve the issue with this modification.
I still have the same error message (chipset and prcessor not supported)

Sebastien.

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Will get back with further details on this issue soon

0 Likes

Hi,
I come back on this point and I just see that a new version of storeMI is available and the AMD compatibility table has been updated:
Seb773_0-1619891634809.png

So now, StoreMI is no more  compatible with my configuration...
The problem is solved
I close this discussion.

0 Likes

Seb773_0-1627329665375.png

I saw today that the table has been updated and now my configuration is marked as compatible.
I cannot test it yet because I first need to move my OS to the HDD, but I am pleased to see that AMD seems to work on this software.

0 Likes