Describe your system:

AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Red Devil 8GB GDDR6 HDMI/3xDP
Desktop
Operating System
Windows 10 64bit 2004 Build
Driver version installed

Powercolor RX5700 seriesRadeon RX5700 series19.8.119.8.1Win10 64bit2020/12/17

Display Make and model and connection/adapter in use, resolution, and refresh rate.
2x Fujitsu 27" 1920x1080 @60Hz DP
One line for each display device connected
CPU/APU Make and model number
Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard Make & Model + Bios Revision
MSI X570-A Pro (7C37-003R) BIOS: 7C37vHB
Power Supply Unit Make & Model + Wattage
be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 750W
System Memory Make & Model + Frequency
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18 1.35V Desktop Memory - Schwarz

Describe your issue:

Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing, and the steps required to reproduce the issue.

I'm testing the settings in Streamlabs OBS. Overlay, images, size, position and sound of the sources: console, PC or New Nintendo 3DS.

The CPU is at 1 percent load.

Details about applications/games affected (including version number)

i opened hwmonitor, dragoncenter (MSI) Task-Manager, Streamlabs OBS and Firefox

Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)

N/A
If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue

Pictures:

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/attachments/2020-12-25-17_00_00-ereignisanzeige-png.565940/

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/attachments/2020-12-25-17_11_37-amd-ryzen-master-png.565951/

https://forum-de.msi.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=119019.0;attach=39656;image

https://forum-de.msi.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=119019.0;attach=39653;image

I need help :(

0 Likes
5 Replies
benman2785
Big Boss

Frohes Fest mein Freund ;)

what is your problem:

1. that your CPU is only at 1% load
OR
2. that your PC reboots when its idle?

did you installed the latest AMD Chipset-drivers?
what Powerplan (Energiesparplan) do you use? what are its Processor settings?

do you do OC or is everything stock?

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

1. My PC is restarting randomly when its idle.

Yes i did install the latest Chipset-driver from MSI.

2. what Powerplan (Energiesparplan) do you use?

Windows Powerlan is default

3. what are its Processor settings?

In Windows i did not change anything

4. do you do OC or is everything stock?

I dont OC. THe only thing i did was xmp Profil to the RAM

0 Likes

Check you BIOS setting for the following Power Supply setting: Power Supply Idle Control = Low Current Idle

Set that specific BIOS setting to "Normal" from "Low Current idle"  This sometimes causes computer to shutdown or restart without notice during idle or low loads.

IF after changing the settings you continue to have the same problem then you need to continue troubleshooting further.

0 Likes

Did not work for me. Yesterday the computer run for 5 hours. Today it start after 3-5 Minutes again.
Before the start i open the game Planet Zoo.

0 Likes
Sundowner
Adept I

I know this was a while ago but I wanted to share my experience as maybe it will help someone else. First, know that you are not alone. There are several people that have had this weird behavior. No one knows exactly what causes it and there is no definite answer or solution to it that I know of. But generally people point to the chip, the motherboard, drivers, overclocking, and power management as the issue. It may very well be some combination of those things.

But the reboot of the Ryzen systems when at idle is really frustrating and very hard to diagnose. 

I don't have an explanation for it but I have found that resetting Windows makes it go away for a while. That would indicate some driver conflict. I had this issue with my older Ryzen 7 1700X system, and I'm having it now with my new Ryzen 5 5600G system. Maddening! The new system ran just fantastic for two weeks and then the reboots of the system every time I walked away for a few minutes would happen again. 

I tried all the suggestions: turning off overclocking, disabling all the overclock gizmos in the BIOS, turning off the sleep settings in Windows. Nothing works. Only resetting Windows did it. But in the last time I did this, I noticed something...the behavior seemed to start on the new system shortly after I'd done a big rush of installs of AMD drivers (I just went to the site and pulled down everything that was applicable to my chip). So I assume there's something in the chipset driver or the video drivers that might be causing an issue.

Now that I've reset Windows, the system is back to it's newborn self and is stable and performing great, and my plan is to just leave it with the default drivers that Windows installed. I may gradually experiment with adding the latest chipset driver later, or the Radeon drivers, but just one at a time. I was so frustrated when the issue appeared on my new system that I was ready to throw the chip out the window and go buy Intel...but I'm glad I could get the system back in order and will be more careful with the driver updates. 

The Windows reset does come with some hassles; you'll have to reinstall your apps and rebuild or import all your browser settings, but it's worth it to get some system stability. The Ryzen is a great chip as long as it's stable, right?

0 Likes