cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

discordstar
Adept I

##ID_STRING16## what is this?

I'm seeing this in my start menu and have no idea what this is?

from what i'm hearing its from AMD drivers and is installed in the wrong place i believe? what do i need to do to correct this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

I was deleting the post concerning the download of AMD PROBLEM REPORT WIZARD and accidently ended up deleting all the comments after that post.

My fault, just got up from sleeping and my mind is not very sharp yet.

1) Uninstall AMD Package Driver with DDU in safe mode with internet disconnected.

2) Make sure you delete any AMD Folders in Programfiles or Programfiles (x86) and APPDATA Folder that may have remained.

3) Reboot to Windows Desktop and check the Start Menu and see if the garbled entries are gone. CLick on those entries and see if Start Menu asks to delete them since they are not present on your computer anymore. If not go to Programdata -Microsoft-Windows-Start Menu- Program  and delete the entries that you see that are garbled.

4) Run the AMD PACKAGE installer again. Make sure you UNCLICK the AMD EXPERIENCE Program and choose CUSTOM. Under CUSTOM  installation UNCLICK AMD PROBLEM REPORT WIZARD. Now run the installer. It shouldn't install neither the AMD EXPERIENCE PROGRAM nor the AMD PROBLEM REPORT WIZARD.

5) Reconnect the Internet and Check the Start Menu again to make sure  everything look correct.

Note: If I had known you could have prevented the AMD PROBLEM REPORT from being installed it would have saved a lot of troubleshooting. But that was my fault.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
54 Replies