cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

acamap
Adept I

I tried downloading the recommended driver 6 times and every time it would go to 96% then freeze. My computer also has the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Error whenever I try to shut it down.

I tried downloading the recommended driver 6 times and every time it would go to 96% then freeze. My computer also has the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Error whenever I try to shut it down. I also tried to do a restore point and used the restore tool by AMD nothing worked.

0 Likes
2 Replies
zoro
Journeyman III

If anybody can help then please do.
I also have the similar problem, the only difference is my laptop completely freezes and I have to force shut down my laptop

0 Likes

Well, AMD drivers are broken as f*** since they released the 2020 adrenaline version in December last year. Try to install the graphics drivers from your laptop manufacturer's website, that's how I fixed my issues. As soon as I install the newest drivers from AMD website it causes all sort of chaos: it breaks Google Chrome hardware acceleretion and gives me random BSODs (video tdr failure, kernel security check, watchdog timeout etc) but with the OEM drivers it's pretty stable, however the peak performance is a bit worse (around 5-10 fps loss in games) and some features are missing since Lenovo for example didn't include the radeon settings app into their drivers.