cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ogz0wnz
Journeyman III

I recently built a Ryzen 3 2200g PC and the visual drivers cause a black screen on reboot

I have tried installed the visual drivers that were recommended using the automatic tool that AMD provides. It then tells me to reboot to install the driver. When I do this The PC reboots to the windows loading screen. After this my peripherals flash on and off, and my screen flickers and looses input completely. I have done this about 10 times since building my PC. Each time having the latest BIOS update, The latest chipset drivers and the latest windows updates. The only way I have found to fix the system after the PC does not output is to fresh install windows by going into the UEFI settings and reinstalling it from a USB storage.

0 Likes
3 Replies
ogz0wnz
Journeyman III

P.S. the parts in my build are:

Ryzen 3 2200g

asus prime b450-plus

2x8GB corsair vengean LPX 2400mhz (overclocked to 2800mhz with no instability)

0 Likes
waltc
Miniboss

Do not use the automatic driver installer because sometimes it errs.  Instead,  go here:

Proper Place to get your AMD drivers

And download the proper drivers and install them from a directory on your local system.   Always do it *manually.*

Also, until you have the proper drivers installed, do not overclock *anything.*  It's after you get your build up and functioning properly that you experiment with OC'ing!

Sounds like this should fix you up!

0 Likes

Okay, il try that when I get home from work. Let you know how it goes

0 Likes