cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dingleboof
Adept I

I need help with my Drivers, When i tried installing AMD's newest drivers, my APU is unable to function properly and i cant play any games, what do i do?

Jump to solution

My Asus X550IU uses the APU R7 graphics (integrated) and the added RX 460m AMD Graphics card.

Just recently i installed the latest drivers but then after i restarted my screen looked flashy, and it was extremely weird, i didnt know what else to do but boot it up safely.

Alas it worked screen was back to normal but graphics card werent. so i decided to uninstall the drivers and reinstalled them nothing has changed.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kingfish
MVP

Re: I need help with my Drivers, When i tried installing AMD's newest drivers, my APU is unable to function properly and i cant play any games, what do i do?

Jump to solution

With laptop APU's you don't update the driver..you update the APU. That driver serves the integrated and the discrete graphics chips.

(always the full version, never use the 'minimal setup') > Laptop graphics update...How to

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kingfish
MVP

Re: I need help with my Drivers, When i tried installing AMD's newest drivers, my APU is unable to function properly and i cant play any games, what do i do?

Jump to solution

What is important here is the APU version you have...which you don't mention. You say you have the Asus X55oiu laptop...which is a series and has may configurations. Please supply the exact model of your laptop...or what APU it has.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Laptop graphics update...How to

0 Likes
dingleboof
Adept I

Jump to solution

Im really sorry about that but what i can tell you is that my X550IU uses the FX-9830P Quad Core for my CPU it has 8 gigs of ram.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

It is using Microsoft Basic Display adapter because i had to roll back the drivers of the R7 Graphics APU

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Jump to solution

With laptop APU's you don't update the driver..you update the APU. That driver serves the integrated and the discrete graphics chips.

(always the full version, never use the 'minimal setup') > Laptop graphics update...How to

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

View solution in original post

dingleboof
Adept I

Jump to solution

The problem is still persisting, i have already done a clean uninstall and did what you have told me but it still has problems

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Jump to solution

Roll back to the previous drivers that worked for you. Go to Device Manager > display adapters > AMD > properties (rt click) > driver > roll back to previous version.

Or go to the laptop manufacturer's website/support and install the graphics drivers from them.

0 Likes