cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Vigoritech
Journeyman III

I need help with my driver.

I have an AMD Radeon HD 8670M Graphics card but my laptop is using Integrated Intel HD Graphics, and i cant change it. I have downloaded the latest and correct driver but when i open Catalyst Control Center only Desktop & Monitors show up. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
caleb_cruze
Adept II

These steps will vary from computer to computer, but the following is a good guide for how to get this done.

1. Right click on your desktop and select Graphics Properties, or Intel Graphics Settings. This will open the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel. Click on Advanced Mode and OK.

2. In the next window, click on the 3D tab and set your 3D preference to Performance. [Note: If, at the end of this process, still doesn't run, also de-select 'Application Optimal Mode']. Click Apply.

3. Now select the Power tab and set the Power Plans to Maximum Performance. If you sometimes perform with your laptop only running on battery, then select battery in the top right corner and also set it for Maximum Performance. Click Apply.

4. Close the Intel Graphics Control Panel and right click on the desktop again. This time select the control panel for your dedicated GPU (usually NVIDIA or ATI/AMD Radeon).

For ATI/AMD Radeon cards, go to Graphics > PowerPlay - Set Plugged In and Battery to Maximum Performance. Click Apply.

If applicable to your graphics card, go to Graphics > 3D and move the slider across to Performance so it is set for Optimal Performance. Click Apply.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Caleb

0 Likes