cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

I need help using StoreMI

Recently I have assembled a computer based on a B450M motherboard and also acquired a 240gb ssd where I installed Windows 10, but I also have a 2TB HDD where I have files and games stored.
I have heard of StoreMI technology and I wonder if there is a way to merge the storage units without the need to format the HDD for fear of losing the information and stored games.

My setup is:

Ryzen 7 2700

MSI B450M Bazooka V2

240GB SSD Kingston A400

2TB HDD Seagate Barracuda

16GB RAM DDR4 XPG D80 3200Mhz

Sapphire RX 580 4GB Captura de pantalla (12).png

0 Likes
1 Solution
enmotus
Adept II

Based on the InTier label, it looks like you have stale metadata from a previous tier.  In the future, delete a tier properly using the StoreMI tool or use diskpart to clean both disks.

If you've put data on the Seagate, the answer is no, there is currently no way to combine the contents of 2 drives when creating a tier; i.e., at least one drive must be totally blank, with no partitions on it at all.  A feature on the roadmap for a future release might allow you to do so, but in that case you would end up with 2 partitions.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
enmotus
Adept II

Based on the InTier label, it looks like you have stale metadata from a previous tier.  In the future, delete a tier properly using the StoreMI tool or use diskpart to clean both disks.

If you've put data on the Seagate, the answer is no, there is currently no way to combine the contents of 2 drives when creating a tier; i.e., at least one drive must be totally blank, with no partitions on it at all.  A feature on the roadmap for a future release might allow you to do so, but in that case you would end up with 2 partitions.

I will try to remove the inTier partition from the HDD using diskpart, and if it doesn't work, I would have to clean both disks and try a clean installation of Windows 10.

0 Likes

The small "EnTier_ESP" partition at the beginning is different from the reference to InTier, which is reporting that the entire disk is "in" a "tier", i.e., that it has our metadata on it (though it doesn't necessarily mean it's in a working tier).  You need not clean both disks; you could just clean the hard drive.

0 Likes