cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kavaliermalta
Adept II

I need help troubleshooting this error message 'Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe'

Hi Guys,

Occasionally I am getting the following error:

Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e330423
Faulting module name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e330423
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000405a07
Faulting process ID: 0x2b74
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5e83a7696bfd9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
Report ID: 7187ded3-9df4-41cf-acea-70ffa427017f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Can you please assist with this error. Attached please 2 screenshots, one with current tuning settings and the other with driver details.

Thanks and regards,

KavalierMalta

1 Solution
kavaliermalta
Adept II

Hi guys, if Hardware acceleration does not solve the issue, please try and update to 20.4.2 If the issue still persist, than unfortunate you have another issue than the one that I reported. In-fact if you check the release notes of the update, it  states that the symptoms that I was experiencing and others in this thread got solved.

Hope that this clarifies everything. If you have any queries just ask, and will try and help you:)

View solution in original post

101 Replies
kavaliermalta
Adept II

Hi guys, anyone else encountered this issue?

0 Likes

Yep, I do and it's really annoyng. I'm trying to go deeper in the event log but i am not finding anything related

brian3898
Journeyman III

I can confirm that I also have this, usually accompanied by a loss of signal and a freeze/blackscreen, with audio in the background.

I have a Radeon RX5700XT on driver version 20.2.1, the latest one.

I also have this same probelm ever since I got my card in Nov 17 RMAed twice and they said nothing was wrong.

i have to the same GPU and the same problem..... apparently amd isn't working with Windows about the compatibility of the new products and software, otherwise we would not have these problems, the race against nvidia or Intel, apparently, is more important, they screw us with this problems. apparently is more important get new things out.

0 Likes

go find DDU and remove all AMD drivers and try 20.2.1 fresh

0 Likes
kavaliermalta
Adept II

I have already tried the DDU approach like 3 times, with previous versions also. During benchmarks I never get black screens or stuttering, so it is not a power or AMD tuning issue.

The below are my VGA driver details and current Tune.

drivers.PNGtune.PNG

kavaliermalta
Adept II

As a workaround so far, I left VRAM Tuning on auto, as highlighted by the above screenshot and looks like the issue went away. Of course being a rare and random issue, I will have to test this further, but so far everything is ok.

viilutaja
Adept I

I get the same error. Pretty much exactly after playing DayZ Standalone for about 1 hour.
Temps are totally ok, but after 1h i get graphical glitches ingame and basically seconds after that picture freezes. There is sound still, mouse moves, but I cannot return to desktop, even ctrl+alt+del does not work. Maybe on background it does, but I dont see it. Still see the last frame of the game. And waiting about 2-3 minutes ends in bluescreen PFN_LIST_CORUPT. 

Watching Event Viewer logs I can see same RadeonSoftware error.
I will paste the XML version of that code here:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>100</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-03-01T15:07:29.911714200Z" />
  <EventRecordID>5977</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>DESKTOP-TQPRV1O</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>Radeonsoftware.exe</Data>
  <Data>10.1.2.1788</Data>
  <Data>5e56fc17</Data>
  <Data>Radeonsoftware.exe</Data>
  <Data>10.1.2.1788</Data>
  <Data>5e56fc17</Data>
  <Data>c0000005</Data>
  <Data>0000000000408067</Data>
  <Data>2b60</Data>
  <Data>01d5efdb1dc324c7</Data>
  <Data>C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe</Data>
  <Data>C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe</Data>
  <Data>9393a039-c461-4ac0-b8e7-a51f9a1f0db1</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data />
  </EventData>
  </Event>

--------------------------------
All other games i play are workign fine. 
I mainly play CS GO.  This is first time I have seen this error constantly. 

I know that DayZ Standalone is buggy as hell, but other people here are getting same error with different games.

Specs: Ryzen 5 3600X
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ Vega64
4x8GB PC3200 CL14  (G.Skill FlareX)
MSI Tomahawk B450 Max, latest BIOS (AGESA 1.0.0.4  v.3.51)
GPU temps while playing between 60-70C.
CPU even lower.
kavaliermalta
Adept II

Hi viilutaja

I did not get any blue screens but. I get a black screen display error than PC reboots.

I raised a ticket with AMD support, will let you know what there resolution is when they reply. 

Did you have any luck with support? I have started getting the same error - black screens with errors like the above in my event viewer, or complete PC reboots.

Hmm actually my error message is difference, but similar other symptoms:

Faulting application name: RadeonSoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e56fc17
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.657, time stamp: 0x64d10ee0
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f92a9
Faulting process ID: 0x2d18
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5f255bbbae0ca
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSoftware.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: 3e77231e-6f88-490c-a976-201664f637f4

I have this exact same issue. Is this during call of duty by chance? 

I just got a new GPU about a month ago and have had a few problems. Intial issues were fixed with a new PSU.. 

Now that my power is stable, I'm running into this issue on call of duty, and very randomly on Hell All Loose. Call of Duty manifests itself as a dev error 6068, but looking in the event viewer, the faulting application is actually RadeonSoftware. The Hell All Loose issue is the classic 5700XT black screen issue. 

I have this exact same issue for about a month now. So far i found out that if you restart or shut down the computer at any sight of error, like freezing or missing video signal, the PC works just fine after. Obviusly this is only a workaround. Sorry for my bad english.

Yes, random performance stuttering in COD Warzone and also Resident Evil 3 Remake, Borderlands 3, World War Z.

Sometimes it freezes everything and sound continues and I have to manually reboot the machine, but sometimes I can play hours without any problem.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700+ and XFX Radeon RX 5700XT

I have the same exact problem:

Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e84e714
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.719, time stamp: 0x64d10ee0

My video card is an air-cooled Vega Frontier Edition.

I have also raiset a ticket reporting this problem

kavaliermalta
Adept II

They have not came with a reply. So far they asked me for a DDU which I did but the issue re occurred once again during normal browsing (Just once but still annoying).

So far I was not able to understand what is the trigger to such bug!

0 Likes
kavaliermalta
Adept II

So I manged to fix the issue with the latest driver release 20.2.2.

I did a DDU in safe mode. During the AMD Driver installation, I chose the option to remove all AMD file traces.

So far looks good. If more can test this out, would be great!

Have been happening to me too on 20.2.2. Imma try the DDU and fresh install.

0 Likes

Was fine all day yesterday after DDU and fresh driver install. Just happened again this morning.

Wheres the option to remove AMD file traces? Has that helped?

0 Likes
hadrae
Journeyman III

Hello kavaliermalta Have you any news about this crash? Does it work for you the DDU and 20.2.2? I am getting this crash only when I play games in 1440p, using the super virtual resolution. In 1080p not once has it happened. In 1440p after a few time my pc frezzes in to a black screen and all may system fans spike off, and i have to manually shutdown the PC. I have a Vega 56, undervolted and the VRAM overclocked to 920Mhz.

Best regards

kavaliermalta
Adept II

Hi hadrae,

The black screen issue is not occurring anymore after upgrading the drivers to 20.2.2

Having said that my VGA is Radeon Vega VII not Vega 56.

I also did a manual under volt and am playing at 1440p without any issues.

Let me know if you require further information

Thanks and regards,

KavalierMalta

0 Likes
kavaliermalta
Adept II

I got the bug again today  It happened while I had a game running in the background and was browsing on the web.

Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e59a285
Faulting module name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e59a285
Fault offset: 0x00000000004082d7
Faulting process ID: 0x29b4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5fc97b9968a67
Report ID: ebe57568-8e85-4bea-9a5d-1ad174bfbf96

Any AMD Moderator can shed some light please.

kavaliermalta
Adept II

Hi again,

I do not play Call Of Duty. I will raise another ticket with AMD Support, as they have not answered me yet!

Hi Kavaliermalta,

I have the same problem. Did DDU and have a fresh OS install. New built computer.

Same damned fault with radeon software when playing games - all between 10min or 3 hours this can happen anytime in any game.

Could you let me know what support you get from AMD?

kavaliermalta
Adept II

So far nothing...... Drivers & Software #AMD Anyone!

richiez1970
Journeyman III

I too am having this error... any word yet ?

Thanks

nekotan
Adept I

PCH_D4_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009CC14

I did some digging.

Don't remember where I got it though

0 Likes

Get this error every time I play half life alyx on the latest drivers. Can't play more than 2 minutes before it crashes.

Radeon VII

Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e713cb8
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.153, time stamp: 0x74437382
Fault offset: 0x00000000000fdf09
Faulting process id: 0x27bc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6072050b9f618
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 14283049-74fb-4481-b87b-23f6c29b1256

Has everyone reported this to AMD?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

wuba
Journeyman III

Also having a problem with black screening and freezing also have a similar code.

Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e59a285
Faulting module name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e59a285
Faulting process id: 0x3354
Faulting application start time: 0x01d607d31c248a6d
Report Id: 10e5ed2d-d40b-49e5-af0e-58a4712bccec

kavaliermalta
Adept II

Can you please mention your VGA. I am using Radeon VEGA VII. So far been 1 week since I had this issue. 

This error is triggered during gaming sessions or just browsing (In my scenario). 

AMD CorporateAMD Business‌ Any insight to this?

kavaliermalta
Adept II

So today I got the error again... This while browsing the web using Brave browser

Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e713cb8
Faulting module name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e713cb8
Fault offset: 0x0000000000412917
Faulting process ID: 0x156c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d608d9c7b43bdf
Report ID: 6e71b3a0-592e-4d54-9655-9ab19c98ea8f

Anyone from AMD can please give us some insight?

kavaliermalta
Adept II

What copyright infringe? Also brave uses the Chrome Engine so should be the same. 

But for testing purpose I will try chrome also 

0 Likes

Blocking ads doesn't constitute Copyright Infringement:

AdBlockers are legal and court case after court case has proven to side with ADBlocker authors.  Blocking ADs is totally legal like in Brave Browser.

What is illegal is called It’s the circumvention of ‘technological measures’ that is: https://whatismyipaddress.com/ad-blocker-legal 

Circumvention of access controls is expressly against the law in Europe, the U.S. and in all signatory-nations of the World Intellectual Property Organization’s (WIPO) Copyright Treaty.

The anti-circumvention law is a legal framework on copyright and related rights enacted for fostering “substantial investment in creativity and innovation, including network infrastructure, and lead in turn to growth and increased competitiveness...both in the area of content provision and information technology and more generally across a wide range of industrial and cultural sectors. This will safeguard employment and encourage new job creation.”

In short, you’re free to block ads, but interfering with the publisher’s right to serve or restrict access to copyrighted content in a manner they approve of (access control) is illegal.

Here’s an example that might explain it:

If a publisher uses access-control technologies, such as BlockAdblock, to prevent users—or restrict browsers equipped with ad-blocking plug-in—from accessing or selectively downloading their site’s copyrighted content without the accompanying advertising, that “defense” should be left alone to be implemented.

Facebook is one of the companies known for successfully fighting back hard against ad blockers. After several rounds of modifying the code for presenting ads on their site, plug-ins are unable to identify the ads and effectively block them, without causing the design of the website to crash or be less usable.

Users and Browsers can block any ads from running in their browsers, but they can't block a publisher from restricting their website from Users or downloading anything from the Publisher's website if ADs are blocked.

eandre360
Adept I

Any resolutions or updates on this topic? Thanks!

0 Likes
kavaliermalta
Adept II

hardcoregames™‌ That has nothing to do with the bug that myself and other are facing. Please refrain from posting usefulness information.

kavaliermalta
Adept II

I submitted a bug request now also. Still waiting from AMD, will keep you posted!