cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kenster199
Adept II

I'm getting Screen Flickering on 19.7.1 drivers

Ever since I installed 19.7.1... my 3 monitor setup started flickering and artifacting like crazy... Why am i experiencing this problem after installing the latest beta?

1 Solution

No problem i'm glad that this is a driver problem and disabling freesync in drivers resolved this flicker/artifacting issue. Hopefully they fix this soon fingers crossed. All the best Kenster199

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Powercolor Red Devil RX 590

Desktop

Windows 10 Pro 1903

AMD Adrenaline 19.7.1

3 AOC G2460V 24" 75Hz Freesync Monitors

MSI Pro-VDH Bios A.60

Intel Core i7 8700@3.2Ghz

16GB 2400Mhz DDR4 Ram

Rosewill Photon 750W 80+ Gold

It started on its own... i had all the settings on that Radeon Settings told me to enable and it just happened after that...

Running all 3 screens on 75Hz

Every game and application was in 1080p.

I wish i was able to send a screenshot but it goes too quick to actually do any video or screenshots

0 Likes

i have the same problem and i have the exact same monitors.. could be related

0 Likes

also... this: Wtf is this - YouTube 

0 Likes
exitdust
Journeyman III

Same here. Had to revert back to 19.5.2 (my previous driver) to fix the issue. Not touching the 19.7.1 driver again

0 Likes
jokbon
Adept III

I have screen flickering with microsoft basic video driver.
It flickers when refresh rate gets higher.
If i put 60hz refresh rate it flickers rare, almost unoticable, but it does flicker in 1080p 60hz WTFFFF.

0 Likes
jokbon
Adept III

exitdust ye it flickers same but without any programs runing lol just stock windows

0 Likes

indeed. i had this problem too when i minimized Chrome and maximized it again. Its kinda random. Are you using DP cables on your AOC monitors as well? I'm thinking its a freq mismatch

0 Likes

I'm running my 3 monitors through DP and tried switching the frequency and got no results... same artifacts and flickering

0 Likes

try running the monitors through hdmi if possible

0 Likes

Sadly my RX 590 only has 1 HDMI port... the only way i can run the 19.7.1 beta is if i had only 1 monitor running

0 Likes
jokbon
Adept III

exitdust iam using DP on 240hz flickers 1080p 60hz, when higher refresh rate flickers more. - WINDOWS BASIC DRIVER
radeon drivers as 19.7.1 not working at all require system restore, tdr failure boot device not found.
19.6.3 working flavless.
Well it can only mean that windows fed radeon driver got isusues.
Radeon must send them properly working ones, because curent basic driver is just pain flicker. - WINDOWS BASIC DRIVER

Why iam complaing about windows fed basic driver?
Its because i have to go all that flickering pain when new radeon driver is realised. It flickers so much, cursor sometimes blacks out text etc just pain. 
Yes i can instal 19.6.3, but later when they will launch update i will have to go ower it again.

0 Likes
ukmanimal
Adept I

Fixed my problem same issue as described. Duel Monitor setup I just Disabled Freesync in Display tab in AMD Radeon Settings  working flawless. Running x2 Acer 27" GF276 FreeSync Monitors. I have not had the issue since the disable of freesync on 19.7.1 working fineHope this helps and fixes your issue too.

would that work if it was 3 monitors?

I’d like to think so it seems to be linked to freesync in the Radeon settings just disable freesync in the Radeon display settings for all monitors. Hopefully it fixes the issue I have turned it on and I have the problem again turn it off and it’s gone I’m fairly confident it’s a freesync issue within the drivers. 

0 Likes

It did get rid of the flickering... i'm hoping they fix the drivers anyways cause i love my freesync ._.

No problem i'm glad that this is a driver problem and disabling freesync in drivers resolved this flicker/artifacting issue. Hopefully they fix this soon fingers crossed. All the best Kenster199

xxcloudxx
Adept I

problem still persists with 19.11.2 sapphire rx580 nitro plus on 2xAcer GF246 over DP

0 Likes

The problem is also happening on the 19.12.2 drivers as well with the same monitor setup i have stated before.

0 Likes