cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

unruly
Adept I

I keep going into safe mode, not on boot.

AMD Ryzen 3 3200G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.60 GHz
I multiple times checked if I had the latest drivers, using the official apps, and I do. Whenever I'm playing some videogame I crash and go into safe mode. Now, I understand crashing given that I'm using integrated graphics, I even tried lowering the battery consumption so we can't say that I'm overclocking. I'd honestly like if AMD stopped putting me in safe mode and just let me restart my PC without having to reinstall drivers.

0 Likes
8 Replies

When you mentioned after a game crashes it goes into Safe Mode. Are you talking about the actual PC booting into Safe mode or the game going into Safe mode?

If your PC goes into Safe Mode after crashing, Go to Windows Settings and enter the Troubleshooting Menu and click on Repair Windows Startup. If that doesn't fix the issue then do a Windows Restore point to get your PC back to the way if was before it crashed.

Here is the latest APU AMD Driver for your Ryzen 3 3200G: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-3-desktop-processors-radeon-vega-g...

Here is the previous APU AMD Driver for your Ryzen 3.3200G: https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-3-desktop-process...

If you are not using a GPU card but instead just relying solely on your APU's Integrated Graphics then one of the above links should work on your PC.

Use DDU with the internet disconnected and deleting AMD Driver Installation folder at C:\AMD BEFORE installing the AMD driver again.

0 Likes

I'm playing a game when suddenly the screen freezes. Then after a bit the screen goes black for a second and the window size is bigger than my display, a pop up appears and it says that the program stopped responding and another from AMD saying I should signal an error and am in safe mode, so I close it. This happens with multiple games so I know it's a problem related to my PC, usually I solve this by opening device manager and deleting the driver, to then restart the PC. Other times I shut down my PC when the screen is frozen and on restart my audio doesn't work, so I delete the driver and press resolve audio errors, and after a bit it fixes it.

Not sure about those drivers you sent me but I'm sure I'm using the latest version that AMD link and adrenaline gives me. I've even tried asking a friend to help me and even after changing drivers I'm still finding this error. Also when in safe mode I can't open any AMD app.

0 Likes

Those driver download links are directly from the Official AMD download page.

0 Likes

What is DDU

0 Likes

DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) is a very popular program for uninstalling Graphics drivers in both Nvidia and AMD Forums and other forums.

It removes all traces of the selected Manufacturer's graphic driver so you can install the next driver without conflict or incompatibilities. AMD has a similar tool but I like using DDU.

You can download the latest version from here: Wagnardsoft DDU Download 

0 Likes

Done it, will update in a day or two and tell how many crashes I encounter if any.

Yeah no, was playing and the driver crashed. I did all that you've told me to do, yet it still comes up as a problem. The issue is with the current driver.

0 Likes

If the latest AMD Driver is buggy then try installing a previous AMD driver and see if your game playing is more stable.

Otherwise i would check for hardware failure via Diagnostic software.

First thing I would check is your RAM. Playing games involves using quite a bit of RAM.

next I would stress test both your CPU, GPU and GPU vRAM, & PSU using OCCT.

Make sure to check Temperatures, Fan Speeds, and PSU outputs.

then I would check your HDD/SSD to see if it is failing or has bad sectors.

If I repeated this already sorry about that.

0 Likes