cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

flyingfoxel
Journeyman III

I keep crashing in ark, and cant figure out why.

Processor Information:

CPU Brand:  AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor         

Operating System Version

Windows 7 pro (64 bit)

Video Cards:

R7370 not at the same time  as AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB

Driver Version:  24.20.11016.4

DirectX Driver Version:  24.20.11016.4

Driver Date: 5 16 2018

Memory:

RAM: 12186 Mb

PSU:

NEX 750W by Evga

Display1

BenQ RL2455

Display 2

old lcd tv on hdmi, brand emerson,

Motherboard: crosshair  v formula -z  by asus

I  have been for the past 18hours trying to get ark to run after days of random crashes sometimes 3 mins sometimes hours. I have been putting up with it for days but this morning I woke up turned on my comp and now it will CTD as soon as I move in the game. According to the popup screen, the drivers are crashing according to the drivers it's just fine and running at about 70% capacity on memory and clock. I have tried to the extent of my knowledge to fix the problem. I was using an R7 370 when the problem first presented, and after wiping and reinstalling the drivers for the R7 370 and the game multiple times still i had the same problem. Even trying older version's of the driver did nothing to help.

I remembered my HD 7870 had no problems running the game before on low settings. So I wiped my drivers put my hd7870 in, then got the drivers for that card and still the same problem. So I thought maybe it could be a setting I have I don't know I had. Put in a brand new HDD with nothing but windows 7, steam, ark, and the GPU's driver on it. Still the same problem.  List of drivers tested are: Adrenalin Edition 17.12.2, Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1, Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1, AMD Catalyst™ 15.11.1

So to conclude I switched out not only the GPU to make sure this isn't a hardware issue I switched my HDD to make sure all data sets were as clean as possible. So far I have had no problems running any other game as well. Ark is the only one, is there a known setting or option provided by AMD to get around the swisscheese that is arks code?

Also not sure if it is related but on the task manager when i look at the CPU use for ark after a crash it is allways stuck at 13% totaly unmoving.

I am hoping i am just iggnorant of orgin of the problem.

0 Likes
1 Solution

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

View solution in original post

2 Replies

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

thanks for mentioning winodws updates, I ended up getting windows 10 and after fighting windows for hours managed to get the updated drivers running. It runs properaly now  although at a much lower graphic quality im used to.