cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

akasolaris
Adept I

I just installed the AMD drive update #21.3.1 and my rx560 is crashing :( kernel power41 task63

#amd #crash I just installed the AMD drive update #21.3.1 and my rx560 is crashing with Kernel Power 41 Task 63. nobody out with a fix yet I tried rolling back the driver but it failed in the middle and now , I have no clue what to do. Any help will be great.

PS. did a clean install already.

0 Likes
1 Solution
akasolaris
Adept I

[SOLVED] 

Hi All,

1. Download Display driver Uninstall (DDU ) and run the utility is SAFE MODE!  link ->https://www.wagnardsoft.com/blog

2. Use AMD cleanup utility to clean up as well. This was the missing piece and is a MUST step, otherwise the installation will get stuck.

3. Reinstall the last set of driver which was working fine for rx560. Win10-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-20.3.1-Mar19. (there were other but this was the 1st one I found installed in my case).

Thanks for your comments to help me narrow down the possible solution. 

P.S. didn't expected so many response for an old card in my 1st post.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
SofiaBonez
Adept III

Go into My Computer your main drive, AMD Folder, You should have a folder named this: Non-WHQL-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-21.2.3-Win10-64Bit-Feb22 

Click that folder and click setup.exe to go back to that one.

There are some serious problem with Adrenaline 21.3.1
See my post here: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/latest-driver-21-3-1-locked-my-monitor-to-640x480/m-p/...

I strongly suggest to everybody to stay away from 21.3.1 and instead using 21.2.3 until AMD has recognized the problem and release a fully working driver/sw.

And also, please use Adrenalin Bug reporting tool so AMD will be notified by the problem.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amdbrt

Best regards from Sweden.

Português - Brazil

Instala a versão 21.2.3 é a melhor até agora. O meu é uma RX540 e esta dando crashing quando abro o editor de vídeo Vegas Pro 17. Antes não fazia isso, é até mais instável na bateria também. Recomendo a v21.2.3

Hi Thanks for the answer , but it only helped me partially.

Now, I am able to load the game, but it is still crashing mid way, around 10 min mark. Not sure , if the patch messed up something physically on the card, I can even see a shift in the Color of my screen now. Its was working fine before the upgrade.

Is there a better driver for Rx560 you can suggest than one mentioned (21.2.3)

0 Likes

Existe vários fatores que podem estar envolvidos nessa sua perda de desempenho. Recomendo fazer um teste geral com ajustes, na instalação da versão 21.2.3 ou qualquer outra que sentiu-se mais estável possível. Na ferramenta de instalação tem uma caixa de dialogo selecionável, opção avançada, essa opção ela desinstala o driver de vídeo e substitui pela da Microsoft, porem antes de fazer esse procedimento desligue a internet do computador e não coloque para conectar automaticamente a internet, pois o Win10 automaticamente realiza o download do driver e instala em seguida o que pode geral conflito na sua instalação manual. A ferramenta vai desinstalar, pedir para reiniciar o computador e após o reinicio ele vai pedir permissão automática para começar a instalar novamente.

Verifique em elementos gráficos, lá em configurações e vídeo.

Agora vai depender bastante das configurações que você seleciona no software da Radeon. Vou tentar anexar junto se eu conseguir. Espero que tenha ajudado, é o máximo que posso fazer. print 1.pngprint 2.pngprint 3.pngprint 4.png

0 Likes

1.png2.png

0 Likes
akasolaris
Adept I

[SOLVED] 

Hi All,

1. Download Display driver Uninstall (DDU ) and run the utility is SAFE MODE!  link ->https://www.wagnardsoft.com/blog

2. Use AMD cleanup utility to clean up as well. This was the missing piece and is a MUST step, otherwise the installation will get stuck.

3. Reinstall the last set of driver which was working fine for rx560. Win10-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-20.3.1-Mar19. (there were other but this was the 1st one I found installed in my case).

Thanks for your comments to help me narrow down the possible solution. 

P.S. didn't expected so many response for an old card in my 1st post.

0 Likes