cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

izzynoni
Journeyman III

I just bought a dell G5 15 SE

since i bought it last week every time i try to play a game it crashes i tried everything i know and it's still not working

0 Likes
7 Replies
izzynoni
Journeyman III

pls help me cause i cant spend 1400$ for my pc to be crashing

0 Likes

A new laptop? Why aren't you asking the people who made it...Dell?

Use the drivers furnished by Dell: Support for Dell G5 15 5587 | Drivers & Downloads | Dell US 

Please read and educate yourself > Laptop graphics update...How to 

Need to post the exact Dell G5 SE model you have (Serial Number if possible). Since there seems to be several different models as both Kingfish and I have shown.

Found this Laptop Model Dell G5 SE 5505 Laptop model: Support for Dell G5 SE 5505 | Drivers & Downloads | Dell US 

It has an Urgent BIOS Update from 05/22/2020, CHIPSET Driver update 05/21/2020, and AMD Graphics Driver update 05/21/2020.

Don't update any BIOS until you are sure you have the exact Laptop model to download the BIOS from. The above link seems to be your laptop but may not be the exact laptop model you now have.

It is best is to follow Kingfish advice and run the laptop's own updater to update all your drivers in laptop otherwise you will need to do it manually.

As Kingfish mentioned I also agree that you should open a Dell Support Ticket since it is such a brand new laptop.

jstrykerjr
Journeyman III

Same problem here except I bought this - it only has Office and Minecraft installed.  Minecraft bombs out sometimes reboots the computer completely.   Its the only freaking game installed.   I dont want to install other games because I dont want one software company pointing at another as the source of the problem.   So far this is a 100% Dell and Microsoft machine and not installing anything else until this resolved.   

Just received this two days ago so its a brand new install.   Patched 100% - the only thing showing was an URGENT bios patch.   Now it has that and we still crashing and burning.   Was it a bad idea to go AMD?   Or Dell?    Cant imagine a game such as minecraft could potential tax the system to the point it bounces itself off the walls.   I got this computer for my son so he would leave mine alone... now hes back on mine.  

Dell G5 SE 5505 w/Radeon 5600M

0 Likes
flasho
Journeyman III

Hi everyone! I use to have the exact same problem with the base model ryzen 5 4600H. So I jump to the conclussion that the faulty thing was the GPU. I install all the drivers from dell page and nothing helped. I give up trying to fix it by myself so I contact dell(on the dell community page) and they respond fast. They get to the conclussion that the GPU was faulty and send a box to my house via mail(i didn't pay for anything) for a replacement of my GPU. Now I have no problems, you just need some patience because depend where you live, when they receive the system is a 10 work day fix. 

0 Likes

You can't replace graphics chips on a laptop.

0 Likes

Obviously they change all the motherboard. But the faulty thing was the GPU. The point is to contact with dell support for a replacement of the unit or repair it

0 Likes