cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

I have a RX 580 Gaming X gpu. Do I get the RX 580 driver or the RX 580X driver? I also have been getting black screens while playing certain games? Any fixes/ recommended driver versions?

I've been having black screen issues while playing certain games where my monitor turns off and says no signal. I always have to power my PC off then turn back on again. I have a RX 580 Gaming X 8GB gpu. Do I use the RX 580 or the RX 580X driver? What driver version do you recommend and any idea on how to fix no signal black screen?

22 Replies
kingfish
MVP

Re: I have a RX 580 Gaming X gpu. Do I get the RX 580 driver or the RX 580X driver? I also have been getting black screens while playing certain games? Any fixes/ recommended driver versions?

You use the RX 580 driver.https://community.amd.com/thread/196209 

Any further questions, please supply

0 Likes
rikimaruuk
Journeyman III

Re: I have a RX 580 Gaming X gpu. Do I get the RX 580 driver or the RX 580X driver? I also have been getting black screens while playing certain games? Any fixes/ recommended driver versions?

when you get black screen do you have to restart pc?

or does it come on after a few seconds again

0 Likes

When it black screens I have to restart my pc

0 Likes
rikimaruuk
Journeyman III

MY FIX:

turn off windows fast start up

START>type "power">power and sleep settings>additional power settings>"choose what the power buttons do"

here are my settings

0 Likes
rikimaruuk
Journeyman III

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

In Radeon Settings / Wattman set the power limit setting to +50. That should help the black screen issue. 

I tried upping power limit but it still black screened, it might not help that I have a 430W psu. I still find it weird that I can't run two games. But everything else is fine like I can run the latest call of duty but not Escape from Tarkov or Dead By Daylight. It's starting to anger me because some of my friends have the same gpu as me and they don't have problems and they play these two games a lot. But instead of using Radeon settings because idk how to change power from there I did it in MSI Afterburner. What I notice though is when I play dead by daylight or tarkov the front of my pc heats up and this is clearly doesn't happen with other games.

0 Likes
ahkve
Adept I

i do what @Pokester say And i downgrade the Bios firmware to an old version dont know which one fix the problem but  i have a few hours playing without crashes.

i have RX 570 ARMOR 8GB OC *NEW 

and a MOBO: Gigabayte B450M DS3H

RYZEN 3 3200G

POWER SUPLY 500W

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

AMD recommends a 500 Watt PSU minimum for the RX580 and a PSU Tech site recommends a 550 Watt minimum PSU.

You haven't posted what type of Processor you have but if it is a high TDP Processor than with the RX580 playing a game it may exceed your PSU wattage. Normal browsing or watching video, the PSU is probably fine since it is maxing out either the CPU or the GPU.

To eliminate power issues I would download and run OCCT PSU Stress Test and see if the computer crashes with a black screen or shuts down. 

Make sure to keep an eye on both the CPU and GPU temperatures and PSU output voltages for anything abnormal while running the PSU Test.

Basically the OCCT PSU Test is running, at the same time, both the CPU and GPU Stress tests which puts the maximum power usage on the PSU.

If it passes without crashing while running the PSU Stress test then it most likely is either a Driver issue or a configuration issue with the RX580.