cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

igorrafael6171
Journeyman III

I have a R5 m330 graphics, but the driver that installs is an R5 m320, and this causes system problem.

I have a R5 m330 graphics, but the driver that installs is an R5 m320, and this causes system problem. I can only install the graphics driver of my R5 330 through windows update, but then I can not open Radeon Settings, and if I have the R5 320 driver installed my windows start to slow (it takes time to start) and it also starts

0 Likes
14 Replies

You have a laptop and you need to furnish info to get any help > Please read INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION.

0 Likes

My pc is Desktop HP pavilion 550-109, and no have drivers for amd R5 330.

0 Likes

HP Pavilion 550-109 Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support 

If you have a APU.........

This does not show the same information you posted.

Please use Speccy (free) and post the results here. Download Speccy | Find your computer specs, free!

0 Likes

HP PAVILION 550-109

BIOS VERSION : A0.13           Motherboard: 2B52 3.0

APU: AMD A10 7800 Radeon R7, 12 Compute cores 4C+8G 3.50GHZ

RAM: 8GB 1600 MHz Samsung

Graphic Card :AMD Radeon R5 330

Chipset: AMD Radeon R7 Graphics

0 Likes

Download Drivers

Take your choice of drivers, install only one and never the 'minimal setup'. AMD offers generic drivers and the identifier can be different than what the OEM named it. This effects nothing. Radeon R530 showing up as R7 M440 after software Upgrade - Dual Graphics Laptop

Use a clean install > Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

And i cant open the radeon settings before install this driver....

0 Likes

why the R5 m320 driver crash my pc? and R330 does not, I can only install older drivers for the R5 330 (2015/2016).

The automatic driver detector always installs me the driver of the R5 m320 and this caused problems in my computer, already tried to find the right driver manually but will always give everything to the same it ends up always installing the same driver 18.2.1 Adrenalin Edition(2/7/2018) and the most current driver (Adrenalin Edition 18.3.4 Optional) I can not open radeon settings

0 Likes

Your Device Manager is showing a APU for a LAPTOP and not a DESKTOP. Did you use SPECCY to get your information from your computer as <span style="color: #4fcddc; text-decoration: underline;" data-mce-style="color: #4fcddc; text-decor... requested. It will clear up our confusion.

If you do have a Computer with a A10-7800 APU and R5-330 AMD Card, then the below information is correct.

Please verify your Computer information again.

That is the correct APU driver for your AMD card: 18.2.1 Adrenalin Edition(2/7/2018) . Download the full AMD Driver set in re-install it again.

You can download it manually here : APU​.  The Adrenalin Edition 18.3.4 seems to be based on the 18.2.1 edition . This from the Edition 18.3.4 download page (03/26/2018):

Supported Products

Radeon Product Compatibility

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.1 is compatible with the following AMD Radeon products.

Found the correct HP Computer model with a APU A10-7800 and R5-330 AMD card here: HP Pavilion 550-107na Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support .

Your computer has a very new BIOS update : HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support ,

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 2B2C)

A0.16 Rev.A14.7 MBFeb 4, 2018DownloadHP's Terms of Use
DetailsPrevious versions

Type:

BIOS

Version:

A0.16 Rev.A

Operating systems:

Windows 10 (64-bit)

Release date:

Feb 4, 2018

File name:

sp85299.exe

(14.7 MB)

Description:

This package provides an update to HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS (ROM Family SSID 2B2C) for supported models running a supported operating system.

Fix and enhancements:

- Rollback the CPU Microcode to prevent system instability issue.

A computer that new should not use the generic AMD drivers if drivers are available from the manufacturer.

Do you wonder why you have confused us?

igorrafael6171  (to pat densman) 3 days ago

My pc is Desktop HP pavilion 550-109, and no have drivers for amd R5 330.

Helpful  YesNo Reply Actions

pat densman

pat densman  (to igorrafael6171) 3 days ago

HP Pavilion 550-109 Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support 

If you have a APU.........AMD A10 8750

This does not show the same information you posted.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

0 Likes

That is much more useful. Thanks

Take a look at this link from HP Forum. It also is a DESKTOP with a Laptop Graphics installed. Solved: Graphics card issue - HP Support Forum - 5560286​.

The User contacted HP Support who recommended to Uninstall the AMD Driver and use the HP AMD Driver instead. The User said it solved his problem.

Re: Graphics card issue

I have now spoken with HP support who instructed me to uninstall the Amd driver and then re-install the driver directly from the HP website.

Issue now resolved. Smiley Happy

0 Likes

The drivers that are in the site of hp, are quite old and I low enough the performance of the pc (drivers of 2015)

0 Likes

There is not going to be much, if any, difference in performance. The newer drivers fix issues mainly with current desktop graphics.

Use what the manufacturer supplies.

AMD Radeon R5 M330 - NotebookCheck.net Tech

The AMD Radeon R5 M330 is a low-end dedicated graphics card for laptops. 

"Therefore, very demanding games of 2014 and 2015 like Dragon Age: Inquisition or Assassin's Creed Unity may not be playable smoothly. For older or less demanding games the performance should be sufficient for low to medium detail settings."