cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

iii_yzn_iii
Adept I

i have a problem with my rx5700 xt....it is downclock the core clock in games...500mhz to 1000mhz...but in stress tests it is clock over 1900 (my cpu is R5 1600 @3700mhz and i have 16gb @3000mhz)

i have a problem with my rx5700 xt....it is downclock the core clock in games...500mhz to 1000mhz...but in stress tests it is clock over 1900 (my cpu is R5 1600 @3700mhz and i have 16gb @3000mhz)

in battlefield 1 i get 100+ frame @1080p everything low, and the GPU clock around 800+mhz

and if i used DirectX12 it struggels to give 30 frame at same presets.

10 Replies
mainakcrixallis
Adept III

cause on stress test its around FULL gpu oriented load .. the r5 1600  has same ipc as my sandy bridge 2600k at 4.4ghz . i see the same behaviour . it solely due to cpu limitations . 

on real world scenarios  or even games that use both cpu and gpu

r51600 limits the rx5700 xt but not that much, r5 1600 with rtx 2060 super gives more frames than in my case (rx5700xt) i hope it is a driver issues.

0 Likes
fosheazy
Adept I

IMO, I think there is a problem with the driver or the card. The video card/driver senses a low load, so it throttles back to a lower core clock.

I experience this in Crysis 3. If I increase resolution, my fps goes up in certain parts of the game. It doesn't happen everywhere, so if you were to run a traditional long benchmark, average fps would probably show what you expect (lower fps with higher res).

But there are certain points of certain levels where you run a (relatively) low resolution (2560 x 1440 for example) and then the core clock drops to 300. If you don't move, but increase resolution, core clocks increase and fps increases. This tells me it is not a cpu limitation, but something to do with how the card is aggressively downclocking when it thinks there is a light load.

%100 true "is not a cpu limitation"

0 Likes

Have you disabled ULPS?

ULPS: How to disable 

If you have a 'Power Limit' setting in Wattman, make sure it is set to the highest + value (like +50)...then click apply at the top of the page.

0 Likes

This does not work

This is a driver problem and everyone has it.

In addition, the GPU is too sensitive to workload and is constantly trying to work out with maximum savings. I think this can cause extra friezes.

With nvidia, the frequency does not jump so sharply, even if the load has subsided.

curse127 wrote:

This does not work

In addition, the GPU is too sensitive to workload and is constantly trying to work out with maximum savings. I think this can cause extra friezes.

With nvidia, the frequency does not jump so sharply, even if the load has subsided.

That's what the power limit is for...default settings throttle the card to save energy. The highest  value disables the throttling.

Until you give the suggestions a try...good luck

0 Likes

I expanded the power limit to + 30%, switched PCI-E to maximum performance mode, and also performed registry manipulations that you advised. It did not help...

The problem has a place to be in many games. But not at all. This indicates a bad driver.

100% true

0 Likes