cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sjung776778
Journeyman III

i have a lenovo y40-70 laptop and i want to undervolt my gpu for thermal stability but i can't use amd's wattman settings or reduce my gpu voltage . How can i decrease my voltage of the GPU? Can anyone give me any reasons or steps? I've tried afterburner

Jump to solution

and i want to undervolt my gpu for thermal stability but i can't use amd's wattman settings or reduce my gpu voltage . How can i decrease my voltage of the GPU? Can anyone give me any reasons or steps? I've tried afterburner as well but i cant alter my GPU's voltage..

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
elstaci
MVP

Re: i have a lenovo y40-70 laptop and i want to undervolt my gpu for thermal stability but i can't use amd's wattman settings or reduce my gpu voltage . How can i decrease my voltage of the GPU? Can anyone give me any reasons or steps? I've tried afterbur

Jump to solution

It's possible that Lenovo made it impossible for you to overclock or undervoltage or change any parameters on any components in your laptop. Possibly because it might affect the Laptop's specs for Heat and Power usage or any changes to any components may cause issues physical issues that may damage the laptop.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
elstaci
MVP

Re: i have a lenovo y40-70 laptop and i want to undervolt my gpu for thermal stability but i can't use amd's wattman settings or reduce my gpu voltage . How can i decrease my voltage of the GPU? Can anyone give me any reasons or steps? I've tried afterbur

Jump to solution

It's possible that Lenovo made it impossible for you to overclock or undervoltage or change any parameters on any components in your laptop. Possibly because it might affect the Laptop's specs for Heat and Power usage or any changes to any components may cause issues physical issues that may damage the laptop.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

MODERATOR NOTE:  I am glad to see you have resolved your issue. To help keep this post on topic and help other with a similar issue, I am locking this thread.

0 Kudos