cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lph
Adept I

Re: I finally fixed my 5600 XT crashes

Sorry I dont play Valorant anymore, but atm I'm relatively crash free. I'm on 20.9.2 and frequency and voltage is 800/1237/1674 and 800/800/950. I think having the voltage on default and downclocking the frequency is best for stability but I dont know. What are the default setting for you?

0 Kudos
sailorcat
Adept I

Bro, Yesterday I put the frequency on 800/1200/1600 and voltage on 800/800/880 just like you said in the original post, and I haven't crashed so far playing Valorant, it's just one day but for me it feels like a lot, if I get crash again, I would try to put voltage on default, anyway, I don't know why but I feel like what you said in the original post it's working now, my default's settings are 800 1290 1780 on frequency and 800 800 977 on voltage, but that setting crashed a lot on Valorant, I will report if I have crashes or not in the next days, thanks for taking the time to answer btw.

PD: If this is working and we underclocked our gpu so we finally can play without crashing, idk, it feelks like amd did something bad and they are not taking the time to fix it. We should be able to use our gpu at the max settings and default clocks.

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

20.10.1 recently surfaced

0 Kudos
sailorcat
Adept I

A quick update if someone is looking about this topic, I put frequency on 1730 mhz, default frequency is 1780 for my gpu and that brought me a lot of random crashes, that's the only change I did, I'm using voltage on default. Also you should know that my gpu is msi gaming X rx 5600 xt, if anyone is having crashes with an rx 5600 xt you should try different frequencies and find the best for your gpu model, for me everything is working perfect at the moment and no crashes at all, so I think the problem is fixed, also I don't see any fps dicrease at the moment so I'm kind of happy

lph
Adept I

Happy it works for you I think AMD just overclocked all 5600 and 5700 cards to compete with nvidias cards even if it is bad for stability for some cards

sailorcat
Adept I

Yes, it seems that, also I don't know why but I'm playing Star wars fallen order and I'm getting like 5-7fps more than when I was in 1780 mhz (now I'm 1730) idk why but all feels more stable and smooth than before

0 Kudos
johnbelley
Journeyman III

Glad to hear, By the way what's the gaming performance now ? and how much temperature you're gaining ?.

0 Kudos
sailorcat
Adept I

Hi, honestly I'm just playing Valorant and Fallen order nowadays, in Valorant I'm getting like 200-340 fps, and in Fallen order could be in the range 60-120, but mostly 80-100 fps. So I don't see any changes about the performance after the underclock by 50 mhz, it feels even better than before but idk how to explain it 

About temperature I'm not getting anything above 60°.

0 Kudos
friyayay
Adept II

which software do you use to change the frequency? from the built in adrenaline software?

0 Kudos
sailorcat
Adept I

Yes bro, just from adrenaline software, it's pretty easy to use, tell me if you need any help.

in the following video the person teaches how to overclock but it's the same to underclock so... here is

https://youtu.be/LHjobJddBIw

0 Kudos