cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pjflan7
Adept I

I downloaded the catalyst center but do not have access to programs to choose AMD driver over intel. I am the admistrator but it said I was denied access when it installed

I am pretty much stuck with updated driver and command center but no ability to activate the said driver for a photography program.

0 Likes
5 Replies
kingfish
MVP

Re: I downloaded the catalyst center but do not have access to programs to choose AMD driver over intel. I am the admistrator but it said I was denied access when it installed

The 'switchable' function has been removed from the graphics drivers for Win10 starting with the new 'Adrenalin 2020'. The option is now located under  'Display' of your computer...."Graphics'.

0 Likes
pjflan7
Adept I

Re: I downloaded the catalyst center but do not have access to programs to choose AMD driver over intel. I am the admistrator but it said I was denied access when it installed

Interesting! I will look into it. So does amd not have an interface any

longer where you can assign the driver to select programs? I saw that

screen in videos but I never saw it on my machine. If I do this switch

under display, am I making this switch as a global switch for all programs?

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

You assign the performance graphics to a specific game/app. Not a global setting.

0 Likes
pjflan7
Adept I

You are correct. Thanks so much for sharing the knowledge. I have been

running circles with Topaz labs. They need to get up to speed.

kingfish
MVP

Glad you got it sorted....

0 Likes