cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rtk39
Newcomer

I cannot seem to update my radeon settings to latest, and when I do try to re open it I get a loading screen that does not go away

Hi.

So I was logging on Fortnite a few days ago, and I got a popup that says I should update my graphics driver on AMD Radeon to the latest, and when I tried to check for updates, then tried to do express install, nothing happened and it just keeps loading, and I can't find anything on the internet because no one seems to have this problem, I had to reinstall and it still didn't work and it made my game laggy because it erased all my settings I had and now I just want to fix this so it can work.

0 Likes
1 Solution

No

1. download and save the new AMD driver and DDU

2. Disconnect from the internet. Unplug the internet cable or disconnect it

3. Remove the current AMD drivers..like I showed you in the guide

4. After removing the old AMD drivers...restart in Safe Mode

5.Run DDU (while in safe Mode) choose AMD and restart...just like the picture in the guide (please look at it)

6. When computer reboots, install the new AMD drivers you have downloaded

7. Reboot after driver install is finished

8. Connect back to the internet

View solution in original post

0 Likes
35 Replies

Specs:

Operating System

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU

AMD FX-8320 37 °C

Vishera 32nm Technology

RAM

8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard

MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) (MS-7641) (CPU1) 33 °C

Graphics

C24F390 (1920x1080@60Hz)

2048MB ATI Radeon RX 460 Graphics (MSI) 42 °C

Storage

931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 (SATA) 31 °C

Optical Drives

ASUS DRW-24F1ST c

Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

0 Likes

And you have deleted Afterburner...right?

0 Likes

I have MSI afterburner downloaded, should I uninstall then retry to download the newest update for AMD Radeon?

0 Likes

Yes...you should uninstall it....then perform a clean install (Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers ) and disconnect from the internet until you are finished uninstalling/installing the drivers and rebooted your computer..

DDU has new instructions..make sure you have the latest version

0 Likes

I uninstalled it like you requested. What do you mean disconnect from internet until i am finished? That confuses me, wouldn't it stop the uninstalling/installing?

0 Likes

No it would not. You should have already downloaded the AMD driver and DDU.  Internet is not needed to install a driver you have already downloaded.

This prevents Microsoft from changing/install any other driver.

Just follow the steps, one by one.Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

0 Likes

How do I download and save the driver like the first step says?

0 Likes

Here are the correct drivers..18.7.1. Do not download any other driver.

Desktop

Just so you know next time...go here >Download Drivers  < and scroll down until you see this:

Radeon™ RX 400 Series​​

And choose Win10....never download or install the "Minimal Setup" which is offered with some driver sets.

0 Likes

So should I download the driver you just said? the rx 400 win 10?

0 Likes

Yes. Just click on the link above. And download DDU. Then pull the ethernet cable or wireless connection so you are not connected to the internet. Do you know how to restart your computer in Safe Mode?

You might want to write down the steps...as you won't have the internet to read this again.

0 Likes

this is all so confusing and i feel like im gonna mess something up

0 Likes

I do not know how to restart in safe mode

0 Likes

Good Morning sir,

I have watched videos and I have read your thread about it and I think I know what to do now, I am going to explain to you what I am going to do, let me know if I am doing something wrong or different.

I download DDU, and I have downloaded my adrenalin driver and have put it on my desktop.

I am going to uninstall my amd drivers

I am going to open up the DDU, and do what it tells me to.

I will launch it in safe mode then I will reboot it in safe mode in the DDU launcher

Then I will do a clean and restart in DDU

P.S. When do i turn off my wifi during this process? Do I just turn off wifi on my computer?

And also, do I delete the amd driver before hand or do I delete the driver in DDU when i have it in safe mode?

(I havent done any of this yet I am just telling you what I am going to do)

0 Likes

No

1. download and save the new AMD driver and DDU

2. Disconnect from the internet. Unplug the internet cable or disconnect it

3. Remove the current AMD drivers..like I showed you in the guide

4. After removing the old AMD drivers...restart in Safe Mode

5.Run DDU (while in safe Mode) choose AMD and restart...just like the picture in the guide (please look at it)

6. When computer reboots, install the new AMD drivers you have downloaded

7. Reboot after driver install is finished

8. Connect back to the internet

0 Likes

Thank you for your detailed response. I will be on that soon.

I have the driver download on my desktop is that okay?

And on the 6th step, it says the computer will reboot. Will it reboot in safe mode or normal mode and if it reboots in safe mode will the amd drivers still install without any internet?

0 Likes

It will reboot in normal mode.....but still disconnected from the internet.

You do not need the internet to install the drivers you have already downloaded.

0 Likes

Okay do I have to put the computer in safe mode then restart my pc and then go into ddu, or is there an option in ddu to put it into safe mode?

0 Likes

"Okay do I have to put the computer in safe mode then restart my pc and then go into ddu",,,,yes

0 Likes

ok thank you i will do it now, i took pictures of the steps on my phone so i know

0 Likes

0 Likes

Do i unplug my ethernet cable or disconnect from wifi on pc

0 Likes

Either way....unplug the cable is the easiest.

0 Likes

ok im going to do it. ill let you know if it works

0 Likes

I am on step 6 and i clicked custom install from the graphics card download on my desktop but i can’t find the driver, i put it on my desktop and i see it right now but i can’t custom install it because it doesnt say its there

0 Likes

I strongly thank you for your help with me over the past few days. You really are awesome. Thank you so much. It successfully worked, and your steps were clear and thorough. I have 18.7.1 installed now, and I had no problems. Thank you so much sir.

I'm happy you got it done Keep in mind, that in the future when you get a notice that a new driver is available...it is not necessary to download/install it just because it's new. Always read the release notes from the new driver to see what it "fixed"...if you don't have the problem that was 'fixed', there is no need to go through all this again. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And also, some games are just buggy...Fortnite is one.

0 Likes

thanks again!!

If anyone reads this. I have tried all the steps listed and have found in other forums. However, whether the radeon package or DDU uninstalls the drivers, when the computer restarts it will load it just has ASRock logo and spinning load sign, I can reset twice but it won't go into regular or safe mode the only way to load windows is to go back to the recovery point. Again, have followed all steps, internet disconnected during DDU and AMD cleanup utility, no matter what when the drivers are removed I can not boot. Please help. No previous system issues, windows up to date, running Win 10, i7-7700, dual R9 390 Sapphire Nitro cards, 16 gigs of RAM unsure what else you need to know about the system or where people pull their specs list from, messaging from a cell and unsure I will even be able to find the responses. I sure hope kingfish still looks at these things.

0 Likes

I am having the same problem too could you help walk me through it.

0 Likes

I am having the same problem too could you help walk me through it. I could tell you my specs.

0 Likes

Kingfish is correct you will need to give full specs for anyone to be able to really begin to help. Based on what I think you may have going on base on recent reports. I would suspect missing Windows updates, or ones that are stuck trying to install, other software running on your machine such as specialty hardware software like mouse profiling and more likely security software. Make sure you are fully up to date on windows even the optional ones then kill as much as you can of what you have running and disable security software temporarily then try installing again. If that doesn't do it reply back with full systems specs and we can try to assist further.

0 Likes
crab
Journeyman III

You don't need to disconnect internet at all ...

download AMD Adrenalin 18.5.1 and click on custom and clean install

Notice : your device will reboot at least once so save any work

if you get the message that says update to 18.7.1 simply don't update for now until there is a stable version

P.S: if 18.5.1 doesn't work for you for some reason , try 18.3.x

Have a nice day , sir

0 Likes
Heartlessboy1979
Journeyman III

Im having the same problem.I will download the latest version and doesnt install it.

0 Likes