cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

yaropolk
Journeyman III

I can't find drivers for AMD mobility radeon 5000 hd series.

I have got ancient monoblock lenovo which use AMD mobility radeon 5000 hd series. l didn't find drivers manually at your website. Also "Radeon software adrenalin" don't wanna update drivers. pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
10 Replies

0 Likes
tanstafl6
Journeyman III

Same problem as Yaropolk: To Kingfish - my device isn't any of the subsets - it is just AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 - not sure if any of the 5450 thru 5890 choices will work. 

pastedImage_1.png

Tanstafl6

hoping I will be notified of response bcz I am logged in.  tanstafl6@gmail.com

0 Likes

Thee 5000 is a SERIES of cards...which one do you have?

0 Likes

Try any of them...won't make much difference.

0 Likes

Hi Kingfish, I downloaded the most recent driver AMD Catalyst Software Suite and got this

pastedImage_1.png

I am going to try downloading the oldest, presumably, at least the smallest number5450 thinking it might be the most compatible.  However that Access Denied was up in the first window.  Though it did start the installation anyway.  I will keep you posted. 

Thanks for responding.  appreciate the support. 

0 Likes

Interesting - when I got back to my screen I found this notice:  Not sure what all this means - going to allow reboot

Catalyst™ Install Manager
Installation Report
08/29/20 10:48:24

Hardware information
NameAMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000
ManufacturerAdvanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Device ID0x68c0
Vendor ID0x1002
Class Code0x030000
Revision ID0x00
Subsystem ID0x3952
Subsystem vendor ID0x17aa
Other hardware
Existing packages
Packages for install
AMD Display Driver
Final Status:Success
Version of Item:15.200.1062.1004
Size:90 Mbytes
HDMI Audio Driver
Version of Item:10.0.0.01
Size:1 Mbytes
AMD Catalyst Control Center
Version of Item:2015.0804.21.41908
Size:150 Mbytes
AMD Catalyst Install Manager
Version of Item:8.0.916.0
Size:20 Mbytes
AMD Gaming Evolved App
Version of Item:2.11.000
Size:49 Mbytes

Other detected devices
ManufacturerAdvanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Device ID0xaa60
Vendor ID0x1002
Class Code0x040300
Revision ID0x00
Subsystem ID0x3952
Subsystem vendor ID0x17aa

Error messages
Application Install: install is already running. Complete that installation before continuing
0 Likes

Ok Kingfish, I now go back to my device manager and my AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 is gone from the list altogether

pastedImage_1.png

Used to be just above the Interl HD Graphics card.  I am going to try downloading a lesser number driver and see if it reappears.  At least it quit yelling at me about the driver being out of date LOL

0 Likes

OK, kingfish, I downloaded and installed 5450 Catalyst Software Suite and it seems to have worked.  Even though it didn't tell me to I am going to boot and look at my device manger again

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

OK Kingfish, Device Manger no longer recognizes my AMD graphics card as existing.  Upside, it is no longer yelling at me that the driver is out of date.  Guess I will just run on the, inferior, intel graphics.  Upside, I am not a gamer so probably won't matter.  Thanks for your time.  I consider this issue resolved.

Take care.  thanks for responding. 

0 Likes

Looks like it installed ok...Try this..run GPU-Z ..select "Lookup" and another screen should open with the exact model of your card: