cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

msimonjure
Journeyman III

I can't activate ray tracing with any game with my new rx 6500 xt

As the title says, I can't activate it, install the drivers without keeping my configuration, I have updated windows, I don't know what it can be, did I format the PC? (since it is new, that I cannot activate it, I am afraid that it is due to a fault and I have to return it)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Can you upload a image of GPU-Z to see if Ray Tracing is enabled for your GPU Card and to see if your AMD Driver is installed correctly?

What is the Make & Model of your CPU Processor?

Here are the Specs needed to enable Ray Tracing:

What specs do I need for ray tracing?
Recommended System Specifications (Ray Tracing Off, 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second):
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-8600K or AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600X.
  • RAM: 16GB.
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce® RTX 2060 6GB or AMD Radeon™ RX Vega 56 8GB.
  • Available storage space: 60GB SSD.

NOTE: Found this PCWORLD Article about Ray Tracing on the RX6500XT: https://www.pcworld.com/article/562257/finally-amds-radeon-rx-6500-xt-brings-ray-tracing-under-200.h...

Those ray accelerators mean the 6500 XT can handle real-time ray tracing, though frame rates will undoubtedly be low unless you flip on AMD’s FidelityFX Super Resolution, or the new Radeon Super Resolution feature that works in almost any game. (It’s basically FSR at the driver level.)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Do you have the most up to date drivers?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
Qanatoz
Challenger

You can't play games with ray tracing even if enabled.

7-15 fps is not something that can be fixed by fsr.

0 Likes

Can you upload a image of GPU-Z to see if Ray Tracing is enabled for your GPU Card and to see if your AMD Driver is installed correctly?

What is the Make & Model of your CPU Processor?

Here are the Specs needed to enable Ray Tracing:

What specs do I need for ray tracing?
Recommended System Specifications (Ray Tracing Off, 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second):
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-8600K or AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600X.
  • RAM: 16GB.
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce® RTX 2060 6GB or AMD Radeon™ RX Vega 56 8GB.
  • Available storage space: 60GB SSD.

NOTE: Found this PCWORLD Article about Ray Tracing on the RX6500XT: https://www.pcworld.com/article/562257/finally-amds-radeon-rx-6500-xt-brings-ray-tracing-under-200.h...

Those ray accelerators mean the 6500 XT can handle real-time ray tracing, though frame rates will undoubtedly be low unless you flip on AMD’s FidelityFX Super Resolution, or the new Radeon Super Resolution feature that works in almost any game. (It’s basically FSR at the driver level.)