cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Konasios
Adept I

I can not download and old version of the amd drivers for the integated graphics cpu on my laptop

Konasios_0-1623618165300.png

these are my specs, my fps in games drop quite a lot after i updated the draphics drivers. The driver that was working for me perfectly was amd radeon software 21.3.2, but now that i updated it, i can not install it again, cause when i install it i get a "installation cant be completed because the driver has changed" message.

0 Likes
1 Solution

You do not update the graphics driver..you update the APU...which updates the integrated as well as the discrete graphics.

Get the driver...and other updates (bios,etc) from the manufacturer. Use their auto detect service:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/3-series/ideapad-3-15ada05/81w1/dow...

View solution in original post

7 Replies
rjohnson11
Adept I

Maybe try to remove the drivers and then attempt another install:

AMD Cleanup Utility to Remove AMD Driver Files | AMD

0 Likes

I suspect you are trying to install a incorrect driver. How long have you owned this?

Please furnish the required information > 

Information Required When Posting a Discussion

https://community.amd.com/t5/knowledge-base/information-required-when-posting-a-discussion/ta-p/4227...

0 Likes

now i use my cpu without any driver, and it actually works in a way or another,

the problem is that i downlad the specific driver that fits me, and when i press  it to start installing the driver, i get a message coming to me like:

''cant intall driver'' and the decription tells me that it is outdated or damaged file, when i actually download it from the official amd radeon software site.

the game that interests me mostly is league of legends, when with 21.3.2 driver i had 95 to 140 fps. when i get any of the newer drivers the frame somehow dont even get close to 60. i have tried every stting in the game but still nothing changes, so it is not the game. 

this is not a gaming laptop but still i had some good frames so i use it for some league of legends too.

hope i covered most of your questions

i own the laptop from this january

the error that i get is "error launching installer"

thanks in advance

0 Likes

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
    • Radeon VII
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • If a laptop, Make and Model of the Laptop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit 1909 Build
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline 20.10.1
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
    • Ryzen 5 5600X
0 Likes

Device name LAPTOP-P4HNFCD9
Processor AMD Ryzen 3 3250U with Radeon Graphics 2.60 GHz
Installed RAM 12.0 GB (9.88 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Vega 3 graphics 

2gb ram for graphics

LENOVO IDEAPAD 3 15ADA05

0 Likes

You do not update the graphics driver..you update the APU...which updates the integrated as well as the discrete graphics.

Get the driver...and other updates (bios,etc) from the manufacturer. Use their auto detect service:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/3-series/ideapad-3-15ada05/81w1/dow...

thanks a lot my friend it solved everything. appreciate your help