cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bryce007
Adept I

i can not crossfire my two red devil rx 480 ? There is no option in my global graphics????

I am running 2 x red devil rx 480 8gbs but one is just sitting on discrete at 300MHz will the other is doing all of the work, can anyone help ? I have the MSI Z170A gaming M3 motherboard that suports crossfire.... so I am a little lost for what to do or try

0 Likes
4 Replies

If you are using other PCIe devices in the other slots, the second PCIe x16 slot will run at x1, which is too slow for Crossfire. Also, under hardware information in Radeon Settings, does it show a Primary Adapter and Linked Adapter? Finally, is the program you are trying to run Crossfire capable?

Sorry been a little busy lately!

Is it possible to talk over email as I am still unsuccessful with getting both of my cards to run!

My one card is:

Current Bus Settings - PCI Express 3.0 x16

The other is:

Current Bus Settings - PCI Express 3.0 x2

The only other thing I have connected to my motherboard is my WIFI card

0 Likes

x16/x2 you can't do Crossfire, and there are very few DirectX 12 and Vulkan games which can do MultiGPU, so you're much better off getting a single card with the power you need.

Thank you

That is most lightly why I have been unsuccessful!

Just out of interest:

if you have a look here they do advertise that this motherboard suports crossfire

Z170A GAMING M3 | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global 

point 14

0 Likes