cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

georgekps
Adept III

I am starting losing faith on the quality of the next Adrenalin recommended driver

I have been using AMD graphics cards since the ATi days and the R300 (Radeon 9700). I had no major problems with drivers in general, and when AMD took over ATi, i also didn't have major problems with drivers. Then again, i'm not that young anymore to hook onto my PC and play every latest game there is but i DO play games every day, just not those 5-6 hours straight i used to in the past. And this is important since now i am seeing problems right off the bat.

But i'm afraid this time it will be different.

Ever since 22.5.1 driver (the recommended one), every new and optional (with or without WHQL signature) have repeating problems. Those problems are FRC not working properly and having major lag and fps dips the latter of which seems to be connected to input devices (fast moving the camera around the fps dip from 168 (even though FRC was set to 178)  down to 30-33-40 area which is crazy. Stutter is also a thing that's immediately evident when moving around very fast.

And my problem is that these issues being repeatable over and over even after so many different driver releases seem to "stick" to the next recommended driver, making people losing on all those optimizations with DX and OGL.

This needs fixing as so many people have problems.

PC build: 5800X3D, Asus C6H, 6800XT, NVMe, SSDs and HDDs, Creative SBX AE-5, LG 48-180Hz FS 1440p
0 Replies