Drivers & Software

anarchoprimitiv
Journeyman III

Re: I am never buying AMD again

I build a brand new rig about a month ago:

2700X

Asus X470-F

Sapphire 5700XT Nitro+

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz 32GB (8GBx4)

HP EX950 m.2 2TB (OS)

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB

Corsair RMx 850W Gold Rated PSU

Windows 10 64-bit

I installed the new Adrenalin 2020 19.12.2 and quite literally the ONLY problem I've had is that the Epic Games Launcher had it's graphical interface messed up for a day, and then it just worked again without having to do anything, so I don't know what that was about.  Maybe I'm lucky that I haven't had an issue?  I don't know.

Games I play:

Diablo II: LOD (For life!!!)

Borderlands 3

Skyrim

Forza 4

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

F1 2019

I also do a good amount of content creation, rendering and 3d modeling and haven't had an issue with that so far either.

I'm picking out a VR HMD right now for the ultimate racing sim (thinking HTC Cosmos, would like the Valve Index but that's big money after spending a whole bunch on this computer) so I'm hoping there are no issues with VR, but so far I cannot complain.

0 Likes
got2avkayanow
Journeyman III

Yeah me too, I selected custom install but it just installed everything (all I want is gpu driver and nothing else, seems we are no longer allowed to choose that option) I'm assuming that with this new driver we have no choice, so now I've got all sorts of stuff I do not want on my pc. The interface takes around 4 to 5 minutes to start because I have a lot of games installed on my pc and it insists in fully populating the library page. When I bought a gpu from them I was not giving them permission to install stuff I neither need nor want on my pc. Completely ruined my nights gaming because I had to try to figure out how to get rid of this bloat. All of the options (settings etc) are greyed out and unselectable. Not crashed yet but has made my pc sluggish.

0 Likes
m105
Adept II

I see that people are talking a lot about "driver and Radeon Settings crashing" in this topic, so im guessing you may have the same problem as that I described here: https://community.amd.com/message/2945314

0 Likes
old_newbie
Journeyman III

I think the problem you are experiencing is due to your motherboard.  You are using an A320M board and these motherboards are not good for high power draw components, such as your 2700X and 5700...and especially not for high power gaming.

**I know the board is labeled as a "gaming" board, but it is not meant for AAA gaming**.  The A320 boards are, in actuality, better recommended for AMD's all-in-one APUs for use in net café situations, playing games like e-sports and MMOs.

The problem specifically is that the VRMs for A320s have minimal phases and poor cooling, so most likely you are running into maxed out power delivery and overheating of the VRMs (this is why you can game for a little while -as the VRMs heat up-, then it keeps crashing, as now the VRM's are too hot and can't deliver power properly). 

You will need to get a good B450 board (if you are trying to keep costs down) or higher, to run those components for gaming at spec. That, or you will need to severely underclock/powerlimit your components. I would recommend the higher level motherboard though, as it sounds like you are a AAA gamer.

0 Likes
rafayet_2020bd
Adept I

You First know my specs :

Cpu - pentium g4560

Gpu - rx 5500 xt 8gb nitro+

PSU - corsair vs 450 WATT psu

Mobo - Asus h110m-k

Ram - 4gbx2 team elite plus ram @ 2400 mhz

Now problem is I just bought a new gpu (didn't had one before). Now when I installed the gpu and the drivers, the gpu driver crash randomly forcing me to close my games. Is it for the psu? Should I get a new 550 or 500 watt psu? If u know it be really helpful. 

0 Likes
acord
Adept II

Hi Old_newbi

I want to point out that my problem is sort of resolved, the problem was the A320 BIOS has a function with voltage, on default it is on “auto”, I change that to “Offset” – “+”

This increase the voltage to CPU and SOC. After this.

The computer got a lot more stable. There is a 2% chance for the computer to freeze. (a day)

But I do belive the freezeing is related to Google Chrome.

For now, I can play all games with no problem.

If you wonder what the cooling is on the CPU, it is 28’c as I writing this comment.

I have a water cooler.

Highest temp ever reached, 58’c on CPU

You are free to ask more question, but please don’t bring the “I am professional” talk, apparently everyone is a professional on this forum… (no offence,)

It has been many days this computer has work over 12 hours and no Freezing.

So I guess it is a win win,

0 Likes
stlmarma
Adept I

they drive people to Nvidia!

0 Likes