cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Qanatoz
Adept II

Re: I am never buying AMD again

Use older(not deprecated or legacy of course) hardware if you do not want to suffer from drivers. Also I suggest update to major drivers after 3-4 month of bug fixing.

0 Likes
edmondvonersung
Adept III

New drivers crashes my PC on a daily basis, rolled back.

Those are the most unstable drivers ever released, and it's only going to get worse because AMD does absolutely nothing to fix the drivers, the issues are just stacking up.

0 Likes
woda85
Adept I

I have the same GPU and 3700x, and i have bunch of problems. But i think that is causing PSU. 

ALT+TAB, crashing, etc, UV help on some of them.

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

I use the Corsair HX1000i, no brown out on my box

Its unwise to cut corners with a PSU

shaze
Adept I

Just installed the latest drivers (19.12.2) since they finally didnt mention any crash on regular uses... seems like they broke Mixed Reality portal. Left eye always render everything in a circle and create artifacts in the surrounding.

I tried to take a screenshot but it seems like it only render the glitchy stuff without rendering the circle cutoff.

20191212_201740_MixedReality.jpg

Carmageddon Max damage still crash as soon as it need to render certain scenes as well.

Great

0 Likes
woda85
Adept I

I have XFX TS 550W so theoretically it should be enought.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

woda85 wrote:

I have XFX TS 550W so theoretically it should be enought.

if you upgrade to a PSU like mine, it will pay for itself in power savings

my HX1000i is 80 plus platinum, the HXi series are available in lower power ratings

0 Likes
bsdinis
Adept I

It *STILL* hasn't crashed with the 19.12.2 version, but now I can't open Radeon Settings...

settings.png

0 Likes
bsdinis
Adept I

And literally less than 30 minutes after my last post it crashed again, same symptoms, black screen and sound loop, only option is hard reboot/power off.

19.12.2 Recommended (WHQL)

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

bsdinis wrote:

And literally less than 30 minutes after my last post it crashed again, same symptoms, black screen and sound loop, only option is hard reboot/power off.

19.12.2 Recommended (WHQL)

recent drivers have been problematic for some users

0 Likes