cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bsdinis
Adept I

I am never buying AMD again

I am never buying AMD again, the graphics drivers are worse than garbage keeps crashing my computer.

46 Replies
edmondvonersung
Adept III

New drivers crashes my PC on a daily basis, rolled back.

Those are the most unstable drivers ever released, and it's only going to get worse because AMD does absolutely nothing to fix the drivers, the issues are just stacking up.

0 Likes
bsdinis
Adept I

It *STILL* hasn't crashed with the 19.12.2 version, but now I can't open Radeon Settings...

settings.png

0 Likes
bsdinis
Adept I

And literally less than 30 minutes after my last post it crashed again, same symptoms, black screen and sound loop, only option is hard reboot/power off.

19.12.2 Recommended (WHQL)

bsdinis wrote:

And literally less than 30 minutes after my last post it crashed again, same symptoms, black screen and sound loop, only option is hard reboot/power off.

19.12.2 Recommended (WHQL)

recent drivers have been problematic for some users

0 Likes
got2avkayanow
Journeyman III

Yeah me too, I selected custom install but it just installed everything (all I want is gpu driver and nothing else, seems we are no longer allowed to choose that option) I'm assuming that with this new driver we have no choice, so now I've got all sorts of stuff I do not want on my pc. The interface takes around 4 to 5 minutes to start because I have a lot of games installed on my pc and it insists in fully populating the library page. When I bought a gpu from them I was not giving them permission to install stuff I neither need nor want on my pc. Completely ruined my nights gaming because I had to try to figure out how to get rid of this bloat. All of the options (settings etc) are greyed out and unselectable. Not crashed yet but has made my pc sluggish.

0 Likes
m105
Adept II

I see that people are talking a lot about "driver and Radeon Settings crashing" in this topic, so im guessing you may have the same problem as that I described here: https://community.amd.com/message/2945314

0 Likes
stlmarma
Adept II

they drive people to Nvidia!

0 Likes