Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Re: I am never buying AMD again

bsdinis wrote:

I didn't give my specs in the first post because it's unnecessary, I know it's the graphics drivers that are causing problems, my computer just crashed again when I changed a setting in RuneLite to show player's names on top of their head.

CRASHED PLAYING RUNESCAPE, how many times do you have a chance to hear this?

And worse than that is the 25 people I had playing on my Rust Dedicated Server, because of your graphics driver I probably won't see half of them again playing on my server.

And if it's so important for the smart people on this forum that think PSUs make graphics drivers crash here are my specs:

8600k stock, Asus Z370-H, 2x 8GB 3600CL16, Seasonic Focus+ 650W, Sapphire Nitro RX 460 4GB.

Your PSU is adequate for the hardware you are using.

I have used Asus for a while but Intel has maintained their motherboard BIOS fairly good.

My RX 480 is in the same boat as your RX 460

0 Likes
overqual
Adept I

But there will still be these annoying *** "experts" arguing with you, that your problem lies in whatever they come up with (PSU is their favorite these days, RAM and even the CPU), even when the OP gives them their full specs and what they tried (like running X passes of memtest and you will still be having "problems with your RAM!11", etc.).

Do people seriously NOT SEE, that literally every second topic on this forum is about the similar (same) issue?

As I said before in some of my posts, I like AMD, but stuff like THIS makes people go for the other (green) option.

And I won't by any means defend behavior like this, and blame others for something that's clearly not their fault (90% of the time).

As long as our RAM, PSU, CPU (and I should probably check my case and maybe a mousepad too, just to be sure...) didn't go suddenly bad, when we installed our new GPU's, and the specific driver version (and every single one after that) caused all of this...

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

At present I see bugs with the BIOS on my X570 which have been the worst for a stable boot.

0 Likes
perox175
Journeyman III

I have exaclty the same problem. I bought me a new pc with an Sapphire Pulse RX590, have the same driver version but still crashing, mostly in NfS. I always have the error which are say, that the Driver crashed

bsdinis
Adept I

Does anyone know of an old driver version that does not crash every time I sneeze? This is getting ****ing annoying, I can't do **** on my computer because I run a game server at home. I'm using the 19.9.2 Recommended (WHQL), not the 19.12.1 Optional. Everything in Wattman is default, even the Power Limit.

moreinfo
Journeyman III

What games do you play mostly on it?

strixuk
Adept II

CoDMW
Forza Horizon 4
Fifa 20
GTA

Star Wars Jedi

There the games i mostly play, i've tried more and they played good but the list is the games i play mostly

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

I am playing Halo: Reach at 4K with my Radeon RX 480 8GB 

0 Likes
waltc
Miniboss

My PC works a treat--fantastic--no complaints. Hardware:

Windows10x64 v1909, build 18363.535
Latest Adrenalins--19.12.1
AMD 50th Anniversary 5700XT
Aorus Master x570 UEFI bios F10
Corsair HX-850 PSU (72a x1 12v rail)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X @ 3.8Ghz & boost
RAM 16GB 2x8GB, Patriot Viper Elite PV416G320C6K @3200mhz 16 16 16 36 1T @ 3733Mhz 18-19-19-19-38-68 1T
LG MultiDrive DVD writer SATA
Boot: Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 250GB (UEFI boot partition)
2x 1TB WD Blue 7200 rpm S3
ST2000DM S3 2TB
ST4000DM004 S3 4TB
BenQ EW-3270U 4k, HDR10 monitor

Everything runs like a top. It's great. Won't hesitate to buy AMD again.  Some of these experiences listed in this thread are so absolutely foreign to my own that I hesitate to believe they are anything but viral marketing spawned by misguided people who think they are "helping" nVidia and "hurting" AMD--when they are likely doing neither--just wasting their time, I'd say.  But I wanted to include my  experiences and my hardware list just in case at least one of these, "I'm never buying AMD again" sad sack posts is legit....;)  Generally, it isn't the hardware and the software that can screw up a system the most--it's Operator Error that is the #1 culprit, imo.

I also wanted to pass on to these sad people having all of these tragedies, that usually it's impossible to receive help for a post like this:

"I will never buy AMD again. What a terrible experience. Goodbye, AMD!"  *sniff*

There is really nothing that can be done to help such a "request" *cough*--except for weeping and flowers and organ music, I guess....;)

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

My rig is all AMD with an X570 board R5 2400G and an RX 480 8GB and while it's hard to get drivers working at least it works now

0 Likes