cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tarnix
Journeyman III

Re: I am never buying AMD again

I am never buying AMD again, the graphics drivers are worse than garbage keeps crashing my computer.

Same brother!   AMD is complete crap!!!

shaze
Adept I

Yep, same thing. Purchase an 5700 XT a while ago, my PC never had any problems with my 7970, and my power supply is way above the requirements, it is a corsair 850 watt. And ever since I installed that new card, it frequently crash the entire system when VR is enabled, Carmageddon Max Damage crash on most levels as well while it didn't with the last card and it even introduced really bad bugs like the discord system crash that they only recently resolved. 

It seems like some of you guys are hardcore deniers when everything point toward their drivers and latest card architecture. Like sure, if I play "common" games, I don't get many problems, no surprise if you are not getting any for almost not doing anything that need the full spectrum of your card to be working properly. Don't blame the others for problems you can't even see. 

hawkeye
Adept II

Yeah, I agree. The OP definitely doesn't have psu problems. A bad psu has sudden restarts or other strange behavior, not discord issues and black screens. I totally think it's a video driver issue and we have to find workarounds like putting our 144 Hz monitors to 120 Hz because the drivers are "supposed" to work with Max memory frequency at 144Hz overcooking our cards and having to not use Radeon overlay in-game because it's gonna crash the game and having to undervolt the card because at default voltage it reaches 110 degrees Celsius junction temperature on my sapphire 5700XT pulse and telling us it's ok. No, it's not ok I undervolted the card to 1020 mv and now my junction temps sit around 80 degrees almost 30 degrees below your stock settings and I can play with a silent fan. How is that ok ? I can't even imagine how these people test the cards/drivers before shipping them.

Very disappointed customer, signing off.

overqual
Adept I

A lot of people tried different configurations and/or different PSU's with the exact same result. 

A lot of people with NEW builds are experiencing this issue (so once again, their problem sure is their configuration...)

A lot of people that already have experience with PC builds (so they should, and they probably know, how to select a PSU for their system, right?)

ffs, people were even trying beefier GPU's that consume even more power and didn't have any problems...

And by the way, I don't think (and probably nobody thinks) that keeping your drivers up-to-date starts to make your system unstable (as long as updating your GPU driver doesn't destroy your PSU, lol).

The problems came along with a specific version of the driver and sadly it's still there to this day, and they know about it.

qwixt
Forerunner

That's nice, but I was replying to this "I am never buying AMD again, the graphics drivers are worse than garbage keeps crashing my computer."

No details on issue or computer spec. So just what are you going on about and what is your issue? I reply to a one line post, which has zero details, saying he might want to check out a very common issue, and for some reason you get all upset thinking I should know everything you personally tried and every other user on the planet? "ffs" as you put it, get some perspective. /facepalm

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Now you see why I use a Corsair HX1000i PSU. Do not skimp on power.

0 Kudos
emilioarg
Adept III

Ok

0 Kudos
bsdinis
Adept I

wtf does that have to do with what he explained?

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

A lot of people make the mistake of using a low end PSU which the whole machine depends on.

0 Kudos
bsdinis
Adept I

I didn't give my specs in the first post because it's unnecessary, I know it's the graphics drivers that are causing problems, my computer just crashed again when I changed a setting in RuneLite to show player's names on top of their head.

CRASHED PLAYING RUNESCAPE, how many times do you have a chance to hear this?

And worse than that is the 25 people I had playing on my Rust Dedicated Server, because of your graphics driver I probably won't see half of them again playing on my server.

And if it's so important for the smart people on this forum that think PSUs make graphics drivers crash here are my specs:

8600k stock, Asus Z370-H, 2x 8GB 3600CL16, Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650W, Sapphire Nitro RX 460 4GB.