Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rudoggy
Journeyman III

HP pavilion with "dual graphics" 8650G and 8600M. looking for a open GL driver

older laptop, but just want a driver.

Things were fine before someone tried to update the drivers, it sort of worked by then when she tried to start minecraft it would say the driver doesnt do OpenGl.

So i tried to undo what ever was done, and just reinstall an older drier, but am having issues with anything i install.

Even once i think i have one installed, when i try to go into radeon setting it says "no graphic driver installed or not functioning correctly.

I tried cleaning each time before trying a new driver but i can not find one install that will set up both cars, and once one it done, when i try to update the other, the first one fails.

Why do these cards not even show up on the amd website?

Any help would be great . thanks.

\

0 Likes
1 Solution

With no Laptop information except the GPUs I am going to make a educated guess:

First you need to go to your Laptop's Support download page and download the Manufacturer's AMD Driver for your APU. This will install both the 8650G and 86xxM GPU drivers. 

Also the Laptop's Support AMD Driver is 100% compatible with your laptop whereas the AMD Laptop AMD Driver is similar to a basic VGA driver and not fully 100% but it will work and be compatible.

Since you didn't mention your APU processor you either have a A10-5750M or A10-5757M processor. Both use HD8650G Integrated Graphics.

Here is the last AMD Driver for your APU from AMD Download page: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a10-series-apu-for-laptops/a10-5750m-ra...

NOTE: The HD8650G is not supported with AMD Driver updates anymore. So you only have a choice of 2 Drivers to install. BUT the HD86xxM is still supported but you can't install the latest AMD Driver because it won't be compatible with your HD8650G Integrated Graphics. So you must use the APU Driver for your laptop.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

With no Laptop information except the GPUs I am going to make a educated guess:

First you need to go to your Laptop's Support download page and download the Manufacturer's AMD Driver for your APU. This will install both the 8650G and 86xxM GPU drivers. 

Also the Laptop's Support AMD Driver is 100% compatible with your laptop whereas the AMD Laptop AMD Driver is similar to a basic VGA driver and not fully 100% but it will work and be compatible.

Since you didn't mention your APU processor you either have a A10-5750M or A10-5757M processor. Both use HD8650G Integrated Graphics.

Here is the last AMD Driver for your APU from AMD Download page: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a10-series-apu-for-laptops/a10-5750m-ra...

NOTE: The HD8650G is not supported with AMD Driver updates anymore. So you only have a choice of 2 Drivers to install. BUT the HD86xxM is still supported but you can't install the latest AMD Driver because it won't be compatible with your HD8650G Integrated Graphics. So you must use the APU Driver for your laptop.

Thanks for the reply.

I think the issue was getting any old drivers out.

So i cleaned it out with the amd cleaner a few times.

I ended up restoring the HP chipset, from their website, and this installed catalyst.

But, if i tried updating any more with the amd link you had, i ended up screwed again.

So i am sticking with the original drivers and upgrading the laptop when possible.

THANKS!