Journeyman III

HP Pavilion 17-g133cl Driver Update Problem

Hardware Information:

CPU: AMD A10 Extreme Edition Radeon R8, 4C+8G

Video Chipset: AMD Radeon R7 & AMD Radeon R8 M365DX

RAM: 12 GB

Software Information:

Video Driver -- 16.300.2701.0, dated 8/9/2016

I have tried, too many times to number, updating my video drivers. Each time I get a message that "no video card was found", after completing the installation routine and computer reboot. I have tried different releases of the driver software going back as far as 2016 and as current as two weeks ago.

I noticed in my Device Manager that the Radeon chip appears as two display adaptors:

DeviceMgrVideo.png

I realize that my current driver is two years out-of-date, but I just wiped my HDD and did a fresh install of Windows 10 Home. I was told (on the HP Laptop Video Forum) to use the driver from 2016.

I walked through the AMD driver upgrade tool and arrived at this for my laptop:

RadeonChoices.png

To me it looks like I need to download the AMD Radeon R7 300 Series drivers. Am I correct in this or is there something I am missing? The HP site has only 2017 drivers at the newest.

What am I doing wrong? I have been struggling with this off-and-on for literally two months! I need the updated drivers in order to run World of Warcraft. Is the only game that I play and I would like it to work. The HP laptop does meet the specs, and Blizzard says that my hardware IS supported.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
13 Replies