Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

andrei93
Adept II

HP Pavilion 15-cw0986na display drivers issue

Hello guys.
I've recently purchased an HP Pavilion 15 and I wanted to update the display drivers to the latest 19.5.2 but I keep running into problems if I do so. I keep getting bluescreen crashes, FreeSync doesn't work and windows update keeps trying to install other display drivers which will simply make my display drivers crash as soon as the laptop boots up. The only ones that seem to work are the ones from HP's website, version 23.20.826.8448 Rev. D, but these are old and outdated (from Nov 27, 2018) and I was wondering if I am doing something wrong during the installation process of the new ones. The laptop has a Ryzen 5 2500U with Vega 8 graphics.

Could somebody help me with this issue? Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Read this first > https://community.amd.com/thread/207699 

You must take the steps to prevent Microsoft changing/installing drivers automatically > Windows 10 Help Forums 

0 Likes

The latest AMD Driver might work correctly if you have the latest Laptop BIOS installed besides having Windows 10 fully updated via Windows Update:

I couldn't locate any laptop Chip Set for your HP laptop unless it is part of the HP VGA Driver.

0 Likes
andrei93
Adept II

Thanks for the help, both of you. I stopped Windows from updating drivers automatically so that should keep everything nice and stable, for now. I need to wait for the 1903 version to be ready for my laptop now. Kept checking for updates but nothing so far. I'll try the drivers for the 2500U again once Windows updates because for now, FreeSync still doesn't work with AMD's official drivers.

0 Likes

If you are interested in installing the new version of Windows 1903 here is the official Microsoft link where you can upgrade directly from the site or download the Creation Tool to download the .ISO file or burn a USB or DVD: Download Windows 10 

0 Likes