Drivers & Software

Cimek
Adept I

HP Omen 16 - Unable to install Amd Adrenalin with no visible error code

Hi,

AMD Adrenalin Version 22.3.2

Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2

HP Omen 16 with Radeon RX 6600M

Once the installation is run (I am not an administrator on this machine so the admin has to input his password) it finishes fine and then reboots the system. After the reboot the software is not present in the system and the drivers are reverted back to generic windows drivers.

Is it possible that our group policy for Windows Update is blocking this installation without showing any errors/warnings?

Note that it is possible to simply install the driver alone through Device Manager in Windows.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

It turns out the solution was to use the drivers from HP's website - the Radeon software installed just fine along with the drivers. Hopefully HP is going to update them soon as they are dated for 21.07.2021 and I am not really keen on experimenting with overwriting them with the generic ones from AMD.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Cimek
Adept I

Forgot to mention that it is possible to install other software (with Admin password) without problems.

0 Likes

Why are you not installing the Enterprise AMD Driver 21.Q4 since you have an Enterprise OS installed?

According to the Adrenaline Driver "Release Notes" it doesn't mention being compatible with Enterprise OS:

Screenshot 2022-04-05 080758.png

0 Likes

Not sure if this is the right solution - the Enterprise release notes do not really state which versions are compatible and they do not mention my card in the supported list. Guess I can try the "Auto-detect and install" software and see what happens then.

Since Windows Enterprise OS is built on Windows 10 Pro OS but with more Security and mobile features it should work unless it is in conflict with some of Enterprise Security features.

Yes in the Enterprise Release Notes it is just showing the Professional GPU cards that are compatible. But The Radeon Pro is compatible with several Consumer GPU cards as well.

Maybe AMD Moderator of Professional GPU cards can shed some light about Enterprise OS more than I can and what drivers are compatible with that OS - @fsadough 

0 Likes

By the way, There is a current thread concerning the HP Omen 16 Laptop with the rx6600M GPU card installed: https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/blender-and-games-crashes-rx6600m-squares-artifacts/m-p/516004...

It seems like that particular HP Omen model is producing artifacts on the 6600M GPU card.  HP is looking into the issue in case your HP Omen with the RX6600M also starts showing artifacts on it.

• Adrenaline driver 22.3.2 clearly states your product
  • All Windows 10 platforms are supported (Enterprise, Home or Workstation, etc.) 

Mobility Radeon™ Product Compatibility

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.3.2 is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features. 

AMD Radeon™ RX 6800M Series Graphics
AMD Radeon™ RX 6700M Series Graphics
AMD Radeon™ RX 6600M Series Graphics
AMD Radeon™ RX 6500M Series Graphics
AMD Radeon™ RX 6300M Series Graphics
AMD Radeon™ RX 5700M/5600M/5500M/5300M Series Graphics
AMD Radeon™ 600 Series Graphics

​​​​AMD Processors with Radeon Graphics Product Compatibility

Important Note for Laptop and All-In-One (AIO) PCs 
AMD recommends OEM-provided drivers which are customized and validated for their system-specific features and optimizations.
If you experience issues using the AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition driver package downloaded from AMD.com, please install the OEM-provided drivers for full support and compatibility.

@fsadough 

So when AMD mentions Windows 10 compatible they are talking about all versions including Windows Enterprise?

Good to know.  I know that Windows 10 Enterprise is similar to Windows 10 Pro but with some extra security features added. But wasn't sure if all Windows 10 drivers will be compatible with Windows Enterprise OS.

0 Likes

Yes, all versions are supported unless specified.

Okay thanks for the update.

Deleted part of my reply since the Release Notes for Radeon Pro explains why Consumer GPU cards are not mentioned under it Compatibility Charts.

This the reason why:

Screenshot 2022-04-05 080758.png

0 Likes

@Cimek 

Look at your Windows Event Viewer for any errors concerning the adrenaline Driver installation or in general concerning Graphics.

Also run DXDIAG.exe and "Save all information". Then go all the way to the last Category listed as "DIAGNOSTICS".

There it should show you which programs are having issues or files including Windows files.

Those two should give you a general area to troubleshoot your problem.

Also when you install the Adrenaline driver make sure that you have Windows Update for Drivers disabled so that Windows won't replace the new AMD Driver with a Windows Update driver.

When you install the Adrenaline AMD Driver package try this method to prevent conflicts or corrupted installation.

1- Download the latest Adrenaline driver for your Laptop (APU driver for both if you have a AMD APU processor or just the RX6600M driver if your laptop has a Intel APU installed).

2- If you have an Intel APU processor make sure you have the latest Intel Drivers installed especially the CHIPSET and GRAPHIC drivers plus the latest BIOS version installed.

3- Windows Update is fully updated.

4-Delete the previous AMD Driver package installation folder at C:\AMD.

5-Download and run DDU (Display Driver Utility) with the internet/WiFi disconnected.

6-Once DDU finishes up and reboots back into Windows Desktop run the full AMD Driver package.

7-If it installs successfully then again delete the new AMD Driver Installation folder at C:\AMD to prevent future conflicts or installation corruption and to save about 1GB of Disc space and connect the Internet again.

Hi,

It turns out the solution was to use the drivers from HP's website - the Radeon software installed just fine along with the drivers. Hopefully HP is going to update them soon as they are dated for 21.07.2021 and I am not really keen on experimenting with overwriting them with the generic ones from AMD.