Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

LA
Journeyman III

How to uninstall PVT

Hi there,

I wanted to redeem a free game but when I downloaded the AMD PVT (Product Verification Tool) software it started to make my system spontaneously reboot itself. I turn it on, about a minute later it reboots on it's own and I cant get it to stop. I've done trouble shooting on the software and that hasn't helped. I've downloaded AMD software that checks for driver updates and looks for issues, also didn't help. 

All I want is to get rid of this frikking "PVT" download without messing up the rest of my AMD drivers etc. My control panel doesn't seem to offer me just "AMD PVT" to uninstall and I'm just not sure how to get rid of it safely. 

I'm an experienced Mac user, but this is my first PC. Please could someone help! I'd really appreciate a step by step walk-through.

THANK YOU!

0 Likes
1 Solution
RPX100
Miniboss

So you are not seeing the AMD PVT app in control panel?

Maybe this guide can help you to find another way.
If you do not know how to work with the registry, then please skip step 5.

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
RPX100
Miniboss

So you are not seeing the AMD PVT app in control panel?

Maybe this guide can help you to find another way.
If you do not know how to work with the registry, then please skip step 5.

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]
0 Likes
LA
Journeyman III

Thank you, thank you, thank you! It worked. So relieved to have my PC working again!!! 

0 Likes
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

Windows 10,control panel,programs and features,it is there on mine.

0 Likes