Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mikeandanne
Journeyman III

How to turn off AMD Wraith Spire LED permanently

Hello,

I have an AMD 2700x processor in an MSI Tomahawk B450 motherboard.

Initially, I had the AMD Wraith Spire Cooler connected MSI mobo via the MSI RGB header.

The MSI mobo has its own LED software called Mystic Light.

Connected in this fashion I had no control over the AMD Wraith Spire Cooler led's not the ring, fan or logo lights.

I did have control over the mobo RGB using the MSI Mystic light software but not the cooler.

After reading many forums, I read that if I download and install Cooler Master software and connect the AMD Wraith Spire Cooler to the motherboard using the USB connection on the fan I could control the lights.

This is partially true.  Each time I reboot the PC I can open the AMD software and manually turn off the ring, fan and logo RGB lights on the AMD Wraith Spire Cooler.  However, for my home theater PCs running the exact same hardware, this is not sufficient.  There should be a way that I can turn off the lights permanently.  I have tried having no connection either RGB header / wire or usb from the cooler and that did not make a difference.

Please help!

Thank you,

Mike

4 Replies
mastakilla
Adept I

I would like to know the same...

Also I don't want to waste an internal USB header to this, as my mobo only has one of those...

0 Likes

I need the same thing. Can't find and answer on web, AMD needs to update software for OFF.

0 Likes

Well, well. I have the Premium AMD Wraith Prism Cooler because I have Ryzen 7 3700X and that is what comes in the box. I originally declined to install the rgb or usb connector for the cooler. This causes the cooler to light up. I've read many posts decrying the ability to turn off the lights (see my post above). some additional research lead me to try the CoolMaster software using the usb connector (it uses usb2 header--not a waste since I use 3.0 ports on mb and case and mb has 2 usb 3.0 ports and l will be adding 2 more usb 3.0 to case using 2nd 3.0 header; I will end up with 6 3.0 and 2 2.0 ports, which is plenty). To continue, the CoolMaster software (as of the date that I know of) option for OFF for logo, ring, and fan lighting--these stay off across boots.  I do not like having another cable to route, but that is the price.

I agree with whoever I read that said the default (no cable rgb/usb connected) should be OFF for the lighting.  

0 Likes

I was adjusting my cables (in doing a build) and the cpu usb lighting cable came out, SO, I decided to boot up with the cable disconnected. Lights on cpu fan stayed out! I'm going to keep disconnected and see how long this lasts. I may not have to have that additional cable after all (or at least until I do a bios update), who knows.

0 Likes