cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ncc79601
Journeyman III

How to Switch to RX Vega M GL When Playing Minecraft

I'm a HP Spectre X360 15 user and as you know the laptop has a Core i7-8705G processor which contains RX Vega M inside. But now the problem is that I can't switch to this powerful GPU and I can only use the HD630 graphics processor to deal with this game. Everything works fine until I try to enable shaderpacks in Minecraft and after that I've got approximately 1 frames per second What the hell? I've also added the "javaw.exe" in C:/Program Files/Java and my Minecraft launcher to "Gaming mode" in Intel's control panel, but unfortunately it doesn't work. So what should I do to solve this problem? Or am I able to switch between GPUs when playing such Java powered games? According to the description of this mixed processor, this thing should be able to switch between GPUs automatically, well. I love Minecraft and I wanna enable shaderpacks as well, but I just don't know what to do. Plz help me! Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Intel handles all the graphics for vega m, better to ask them.

But maybe this thread is of use AMD catalyst recognising javaw.exe as Jedi Academy

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Intel handles all the graphics for vega m, better to ask them.

But maybe this thread is of use AMD catalyst recognising javaw.exe as Jedi Academy

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

It works! I just marked javaw.exe and java.exe in the system panel. Well, sometimes AMD's driver is a little bit hard to learn XD thanks so much

0 Likes

0 Likes