cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

年少丶
Adept I

How to Set up Integrated Graphics Processing Unit bypassing AMD Processor in Laptop and Use Independent Graphics Processing Unit of Nvidia

I own an ASUS TUF FX505DU laptop with the following configurations: AMD R7-3750H processor, 8G running memory, 512G solid-state hard disk, and Nvidia GTX1660Ti-6G stand-alone graphics processor.

The following problems are encountered:

1. When I play Tencent, the independent graphics card of Nvidia can't work, only R7-3750H integrated graphics processor VG10 runs, so the FPS value in the game process is very low, and I can't get a better game experience.And when I play Steam's big games like PUBG and GTA5, I automatically use the Nvidia independent graphics card to run.

2. Microsoft Windows 10 system will appear Black-screen state after automatic updating, but you can hear that the machine is still running, only if the screen is Black-screen state, you must restart it.

3. Why does the R7-3750H integrated graphics processor directly occupy 2.1G of rom, resulting in only 5.9G of available memory for 8G ROM? Can we use software to reduce the ROM occupancy of the processor integrated graphics processor or turn off the processor integrated graphics processor directly?

I've tried many ways to debug at present, but I haven't debugged well. The drivers are updated to the latest, and then set up in AMD Radeon settings. But there is no INVENTA GTX1660Ti independent graphics processor in AMD Radeon settings. There is only one VG10 integrated graphics processor. After setting software and game as performance mode, it still has no effect. 。 I also tried to turn off the integrated graphics processor in the BIOS interface, but I did not find the graphics configuration settings option in the ADVANCED settings of BIOS, so this method is invalid.

0 Likes
7 Replies

Doesn't nvidia have software to switch graphics, ask them or maybe asus has a tutorial, and the 2gb is probably what is reserved/used/needed by Windows OS.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

The NVIDIA control panel has been set up, but it is not good, or still from the check.

0 Likes

May be some information in this guide can help https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-017

Other than that, you will have to contact asus and/or nvidia support.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Excuse me, how should I set it up?

0 Likes

May be you have this known issue,

If so, then you will have to wait for a new driver to fix it.

好的,我需要等多久?或者你现在正处于技术征服的过程中?

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please refer to this Asus help document for information on how to set up your laptop for High performance mode on games. https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1038387/

If this does not resolve your issue, i would suggest contacting either Asus or Nvidia for additional support. Unfortunately we cannot provide support to help you activate a Nvidia graphics card.