cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

me262schwalbe1
Adept III

how to set high settings in switchable graphics settings for any app in locked R7?

windowsmoviemaker switchablegraphics image.PNG

I want to change it to the RX560 with the new menu features it is not like the old way...how do I do it today?

0 Likes
4 Replies

I am never following your Advice or anyone else that work's on this forum's again.......

it led to having to reset my pc again.....

was instructed by AMD to use device manger to install the integrated first then the discrete gpu..

in doing so,I chose the 31st of jan of this year for the rx560 and my screen went black and i waited 5 minutes and paniced and hit hard boot,then I found out I had no restore points.

after getting back online my games or apps are still on my desktop and still taking of the hard drive space but in apps and features it is not showing them installed.

Now I am REALLY ******** PISSED HAVING TO START OVER AGAIN AND NOT TO MENTION POSSIBLY WIPING EVERYTHING AGAIN TO CLEAN OUT ANY INCORRUPTION.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

Capture6.PNG

Capture7.PNGCapture8.PNG

0 Likes

Posting on any forum makes people think/assume you have at least basic computer skills. Where did all this come from "was instructed by AMD to use device manger to install the integrated first then the discrete gpu." Nobody would tell you to do that...unless you had Intel/AMD graphics. Plus, the 560 is not your integrated graphics, it's the discrete graphics. Plus there are no drivers on the AMD site for Mobility RX560 graphics.

You asked how to assign the high performance graphics to a application. I answered that.

You can not use or assign any program/application/game you wish to use the high performance graphics. You can not assign 2D applications to run in 3D. You can not surf the web with high performance graphics. If the program is locked. it was locked by the manufacturer. Only applications that do not have a lock (pictured) can be changed.

Now if you want to supply the information asked for > INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION  including what APU maybe someone can help...or save yourself some time and take your computer to a professional and pay them to fix your mess.

0 Likes

It's recommended to install driver on the default (OS) drive, looking at your pic of 'D' drive, it seems messed up (AMD drivers/program filesx86).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes