cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hero9511
Adept I

How to set fan/temp Wattman to 0rpm at state1 ??

hi, i'm new here and just want to know how to use this AMD radeon setting - Wattman.

I want to set the fan/temp to 0rpm at state1 but i can't, the lowest is already 15%rpm ??

that lead to my gpu fan spinning all the time, that why i want to set 0rpm at state1 (like 50 Celcius) and only spin at state2 ( over 50 Celcius ) and so on

0 Likes
1 Solution

It will be helpful if you mentioned the GPU card you have and AMD Driver installed with Windows version and Make & Model of motherboard and CPU/APU and GPU card.

Most of the newest GPU cards, depending on Make & Model, has a built in Fan controller that doesn't allow the GPU Fan to start working until it reaches a certain temperature,usually around 60c.

I believe that the RX 4xx and RX 5xx has a similar feature. But the GPU fan can be controlled via Wattman or 3rd party software like MSI Afterburner.

Since you didn't mention your GPU card, try deactivating Wattman temporarily and restart your computer. Than Stress test the GPU card either by playing a game or diagnostic software and first see if the GPU Fan is off when at idle and GPU temperature is below 60c. Then stress test it and see if the GPU fan automatically starts when it reaches near 60c or above.

Best thing is to post your Computer and GPU card specs so another User can tell you if it has that feature or not.

EDIT: Here is the proper way to configure Wattman for both Fan Curve and Power from kingfish

Needed to find a newer version of Wattman that Kingfish properly configured:

Re: Wattman fan settings don't work

kingfish

Your still changing the fan speed from automatic to manual and you haven't moved your Power Limit from default which throttles your card. It's explained here if you read it > AMD graphics performance

Before giving up on the card..why don't you try the settings exactly like I suggested? Set Wattman back to factory defaults first. Then change only the manual temperature settings and the Power Limit..click apply. Leave everything else at default...which is Automatic.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

It will be helpful if you mentioned the GPU card you have and AMD Driver installed with Windows version and Make & Model of motherboard and CPU/APU and GPU card.

Most of the newest GPU cards, depending on Make & Model, has a built in Fan controller that doesn't allow the GPU Fan to start working until it reaches a certain temperature,usually around 60c.

I believe that the RX 4xx and RX 5xx has a similar feature. But the GPU fan can be controlled via Wattman or 3rd party software like MSI Afterburner.

Since you didn't mention your GPU card, try deactivating Wattman temporarily and restart your computer. Than Stress test the GPU card either by playing a game or diagnostic software and first see if the GPU Fan is off when at idle and GPU temperature is below 60c. Then stress test it and see if the GPU fan automatically starts when it reaches near 60c or above.

Best thing is to post your Computer and GPU card specs so another User can tell you if it has that feature or not.

EDIT: Here is the proper way to configure Wattman for both Fan Curve and Power from kingfish

Needed to find a newer version of Wattman that Kingfish properly configured:

Re: Wattman fan settings don't work

kingfish

Your still changing the fan speed from automatic to manual and you haven't moved your Power Limit from default which throttles your card. It's explained here if you read it > AMD graphics performance

Before giving up on the card..why don't you try the settings exactly like I suggested? Set Wattman back to factory defaults first. Then change only the manual temperature settings and the Power Limit..click apply. Leave everything else at default...which is Automatic.