cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

How to remove raptr/gaming evolved

Many people have raptr/gaming evolved installed on their computers and don't know how it got there. It has caused problems for some people. It was installed with the graphics drivers because it is selected (checked) by default. You must un-select it. It is not easy to uninstall, the AMD uninstaller doesn't remove it nor does DDU. Here is how to do it:

First you have to go to control panel > remove a program and uninstall 'Gaming Evolved'. All of it. Save no settings. Then you have to go into the registry (regedit) ..at the top of the page click 'edit' then 'find' > type in  raptr > find next. Everytime a entry comes up...delete it. Then go back to edit and click 'find next' . Keep doing that until there are no more. There are several. Next time you install drivers, choose custom install and take the check mark out of the "gaming Evolved" box. If it tells you it is installed and up to date...you missed a registry entry.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
hardcoregames_
Big Boss
Big Boss

Re: How to remove raptr/gaming evolved

Another way is to use a DDU and then use the custom install and make you you do not install it in the first place

Hardcore Games™: Changing your Video Card

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

DDU will not remove it...but yes "Custom install and uncheck the Gaming Evolved box".

0 Kudos
jawadsmokii
Adept II
Adept II

causes issues like what , been using it from day 1 never got anything wrong .

0 Kudos
tomtalk24
Paragon
Paragon

Didn't know you made a thread on this, and not surprised

appcleaner
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Moreover, the latest version of both Raptr (v1.11.2-r113542) and AMD AMD Gaming Evolved installed an extra app, named PlaysTV, WITHOUT the user's permission, according to this study.

Please make proper configurations to the official downloads and, contact Antiy-AVL to resolve potential false alarm as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
tarnowska
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hello,

I am trying to remove raptr which got into my computer even though I un-selected its installation. Now, I am following your instructions and when I go into the Registry it asks me to "Confirm the removal" and warns me that "the removal of certain Registry values (?? in French = valeurs) can cause a system's instability. Do you really want to remove this value?"... I must admit that this looks like Chinese to me. If I hesitate in carrying on is because I heard that one should not touch the Registry... Would you be so kind as to telling me if I remove this programme as per your instructions wouldn't it have a significant impact on the Display driver and on the system's stability?

Thanks a lot in advance. Kind regards, Isabelle

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss
Big Boss

More and more crap is now being bundled into drivers and other packages. It's now so bad that security tools like Malwarebytes etc are working to remove them. Windows Defender does not remove the crap yet.

0 Kudos