cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Xiaoliang
Journeyman III

How to enable cl_ amd_bus_addressable_memory extension in Ubuntu 18.04 with Radeon pro WX8200?

Hi, all

I have got a Radeon Pro WX8200. I want to realize GPU-FPGA P2P transfer in OpenCL. I know Radeon Pro cards have DirectGMA functions. I have read all the related posts on such topic in this forum. Those helped me greatly. 

Now I have a problem that I can NOT find "cl_ amd_bus_addressable_memory" extension in clinfo report. I know such extension is the key for directGMA. But I do NOT know how to enable it. My system is Ubuntu18.04 with the latest Radeon Pro driver installed. I also installed rocm3.9.1. I know amdgpu drivers do NOT support the old command such as 'aticonfig'.

So any on can help me to handle it? Thanks.

6 Replies
mdclemen
Adept I

Have you tried to use the 'amdconfig' command?

0 Likes

@fsadough might be able assist you if possible.

0 Likes
fsadough

1. Is "Above 4G" and "Resizeable Bar" enabled in system BIOS?
  2. How do you get WX8200 with ROCm working? It is not supported at all.
  3. And all that on Ubuntu 18.04?

@fsadough None of that really answers the question. Installing the amdgpu driver doesn't give the 'aticonfig' nor the 'amdconfig' command

I have installed amdgpu-pro 21.10-1263777 on a CentosOS 7 system with a FirePro W5100 GPU and 'clinfo' does not show 'cl_ amd_bus_addressable_memory'. I have 'Above 4G' enable in my BIOS. How does one enable it without 'aticonfig' or 'amdconfig'?

0 Likes

We support DirectGMA only in OpenGL and not in OpenCL, since we moved to ROCm.

0 Likes

I guess it's back to NVIDIA and GPUDirect RDMA. This is why they are eating you guy's lunch.

0 Likes