Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

outspark44
Adept II

How to enable AMD Smart Access Memory?

outspark44_0-1648388040115.png

i don't know why this isn't showing up but in my bios, i have selected on for smart access but when I go into tuning it show it isn't available which it odd i had it on with no problem but now it not show it

0 Likes
1 Solution
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Make sure Re-size bar support is enabled in BIOS, you also want to make sure CSM (Compatibility Support Modul) is disabled in the BIOS boot menu as it will block SAM.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Make sure Re-size bar support is enabled in BIOS, you also want to make sure CSM (Compatibility Support Modul) is disabled in the BIOS boot menu as it will block SAM.

I have A Voyager laptop and i dont know how I can enter in Bios mode It shows me that its del button but its not working can you help me pls

Hi, is it a Corsair Voyager laptop?
Manufactured year and model would help, in case others will chip in.

I have really no idea, but I suspect it would be to press and hold Del button, until You enter Bios setup menu, as it in most cases (directly from startup that is).
But sometimes it could be F1, F2 or F10 depending of Bios s/w.

It should be stated in the manual, which I could not find online.

Best regards from Sweden

0 Likes

model is A1600 don't know the year tho

until I'm gonna try the things you told me

And it didn’t work

0 Likes
schldskjoirz
Adept III

If DEL, F1 etc. doesn't take you to the BIOS, then open Windows Settings -> Select System -> Then Recovery -> In the menu you will find Advanced Startup -> Click Restart now. This will open a menu where you select UEFI Settings. Clicking on it will take you to BIOS.

In BIOS click Setup Page -> Select Advanced. There you will see the feature Smart Access Memory Support. Tick it, save BIOS settings and reboot. You should now be able to enable SAM.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
• 5900X • 6900XT • X570 • NH-D15S • 16Gb@3600Mhz • 1000W • 65" TV (HDMI) • Sony 5.1 audio (toslink)
0 Likes

there is no restart now button there. Can you send me some screenshots of like how are you getting to the bios??? pawesssssssss!!!!

0 Likes

https://ibb.co/W6DvJzv 

• 5900X • 6900XT • X570 • NH-D15S • 16Gb@3600Mhz • 1000W • 65" TV (HDMI) • Sony 5.1 audio (toslink)
0 Likes

oh I found it but after I change that thing from hebrid to gpu the brightness bar was gone so I can’t change the brightness 

0 Likes

Can you elaborate that a bit... What you actually changed and where is that brightness bar?

0 Likes

do you got discord cuz it will be easier for me to share my screen and show you

0 Likes

No, sry I don't have those modern things. Can you capture your screen and upload the movie in Youtube? 

0 Likes