Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kossuranta
Journeyman III

How to change Crimson UI language?

Jump to solution

I just downloaded and installed the new Crimson-drivers and noticed that it automatically installed with finnish-translations. I live in Finland, but my Windows is in english and I want my programs in english too. How to change language to english?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eemanuelsson
Adept I

Re: How to change Crimson UI language?

Jump to solution

What I did to get Enlish instead of Swedish for my Radeon Settings was by renaming the folder

C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Localisation\sv_SE

to

C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Localisation\sv_SE_DISABLED

After a reboot I then got the English language as my Swedish locale were no longer found. You can probably get a way with a forced stop of the Radeon Settings application, but a restart of the computer is pretty fast. It is not an ideal solution, but it works.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
eemanuelsson
Adept I

Jump to solution

What I did to get Enlish instead of Swedish for my Radeon Settings was by renaming the folder

C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Localisation\sv_SE

to

C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Localisation\sv_SE_DISABLED

After a reboot I then got the English language as my Swedish locale were no longer found. You can probably get a way with a forced stop of the Radeon Settings application, but a restart of the computer is pretty fast. It is not an ideal solution, but it works.

View solution in original post

necrophyte
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

need to bump this.

just re-registered here since somehow my account has been removed (found my old threads and comments as "amduser", one of obviously many likewise named users).

not including an option for the software UI language under the system settings tab... really...

else, really good job with radeon crimson. installation and launch speeds are great, and performance seems to have profited as well, my old notebook with a mobility radeon 5850 has definitely got a +20% avg fps boost with a few games i tried so far

0 Kudos
emilioarg
Adept III

Jump to solution

In my case I installed in the system's native language (Spanish), it is strange, many are having this problem.

crimson.jpg

kossuranta
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I also noticed that you don't have to restart your computer.

1. Kill program "cnext.exe" from task manager.
  2. Remove or rename the corresponding folder from your Localisation folder (Default: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Localisation)
  3. Run "cnext.exe" from your install folder (Default: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext)
nachoeslach
Adept II

Jump to solution

Tu lo instalaste y te apareció solo el idioma español, o le hiciste algo? Porque a mi me sale en ingles 😕 aun no he podido cambiarlo

0 Kudos
emilioarg
Adept III

Jump to solution

Solo lo descargue y lo instale, el instalador me aparecio en español, es la version beta no la release, o sea la version para la serie HD5000 es distinta, no se si eso tendra algo que ver.

lincesito
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hola, pudiste solucionar lo del idioma? yo también lo tengo en ingles.

0 Kudos
nachoeslach
Adept II

Jump to solution

No amigo, según leí, sacaron 2 versiones de este software Crimson... el Beta (el que SI está en español, pero solo para gráficas antiguas), y está el oficial 15.11 (que no es Beta, pero por ahora sigue en ingles y que esperamos que en la próxima actualización si esté el idioma español). No logré cambiarlo así que por mi parte al menos solo queda esperar.

0 Kudos