Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

CodeSculptor
Journeyman III

How to add custom VSR resolution

Hello,

I can't find a way to set custom resolution for VSR (Virtual Super Resolution). Both things work separately, but not together.

So far:

• I was able to set up and successfully use VSR (for example set 4k resolution on my Full HD monitor),
  • I was able to set up custom resolutions successfully using AMD Radeon Software:
    • I could select and successfully use resolutions within bounds of my screen (for example 1600x1080)
    • I couldn't select resolutions outside of these bounds (the one I need: 1600x1200)
  • I browsed old forum posts (like this one) and found out that DALNonStandardModesBCD1 setting is absent now,
    • Couldn't find any related registry key or configuration file so far.

If that matters, I tried to pull this off on Radeon RX480 Gaming X 8G with Radeon Software 20.12.1 and
20.45.01.28-201204a-361901C-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2020 driver.

Do you have any suggestions?

0 Likes
2 Replies

Have never seen any mention of 'custom res.' in the 'VSR how to'.

Imagine the driver size to accommodate custom res. possibilities ? 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

It is likely that I wouldn't ask here if "VSR how to" would explain how to set up such resolution or would clearly state that it is not and will never be a feature.

No, I don't imagine driver size that would accomodate custom resolution in VSR. And I don't imagine how custom resolutions are a feature, how VSR is a feature, but custom resolution in VSR is not a feature. I didn't stumble upon knowledge that would make it obvious for me.

From CRU tool I remember that there are specific slot groups and extensions for custom resolutions. It was first time I have faced those terms in context of custom resolutions. I guess they are accomodated due to optimization and probably for storing on small, quick to access, physical memory on graphics card.  But still that doesn't answer why VSR doesn't recognize and use those resolutions. Is it hardcoded only to use few most popular resolutions like 2K or 4K?

0 Likes