cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

stevej1986
Journeyman III

How do you enable video acceleration with Radeon Crimson software?

Hi all,

I've recently bought a new PC to use Power Director 14 Video editor. It runs windows 10 and has a Radeon R7 200 series graphics card and an AMD A10-7800 processor which is better than my old computer (win 7 with an AMD graphics card).

My previous PC used the Catalyst Control Center to access the AMD graphics settings and it had a check box to enable video acceleration.

This new Radeon Crimson Software which has replaced the Catalyst version doesn't seem to have this option. Power Director 14 won't create AVCHD movies without that turned on.

Have I not looked hard enough? or has this new "Crimson" version removed that option?

Is there any way to enable the video acceleration on my Radeon R7 280 card?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
kingfish
MVP

Re: How do you enable video acceleration with Radeon Crimson software?

Did you look under 'global settings'?

0 Kudos
stevej1986
Journeyman III

Hi Kingfish,

Yes I did look there but that was only through the Graphics tab. I didn't see anything about video acceleration. It was not in the video tab either. It may now be described

differently but I didn't see anything obvious.

Sent from my iPad

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

Unless you are talking about this >

Video acceleration is controlled through the browser. Every browser has this option >

0 Kudos
stevej1986
Journeyman III

Thanks for your continued help. Your clip of the old Catalyst Control Center is what I had setup for Power Director 14 to work on my old PC. My new PC has a better graphics card and needs the crimson software which is where I cannot find that setting. I was hopeful with your suggestion of setting the hardware acceleration through the browser until I found that it was already set. I'm not really sure what is going on but it seems that Power Director 14 is looking at the graphics card drivers to check if the acceleration is active.

0 Kudos
i7baby
Journeyman III

Doesn't help.

I'm using Crimson.

Without knowing how to enable hardware acceleration with Crimson then my R9 Nano is useless to me.

I need it to help run my video editing software - Power Director.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos