cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

knathwrak
Journeyman III

Re: How do I install my drivers WITHOUT installing the extra bloat that comes with Radeon Software?

I recently found this thread because I was looking for a way to do this driver-only install and, in the process of following some overly complicated videos, I stumbled on this surprisingly simple fix on my own:

1. Install the Adrenaline software/drivers normally (or just leave them if they're already installed.)

2. Go to Programs/Features in the Control Panel and uninstall the AMD Radeon software. (Reboot after it's done.)

3. Use Device Manager to check the display adapter driver. The AMD driver should still be listed.

This worked for me with an RX 590 in Win10 Pro x64. I hope it works for you!

0 Kudos
dervistprk
Journeyman III

Re: How do I install my drivers WITHOUT installing the extra bloat that comes with Radeon Software?

How can you adjust per-game settings(per-game graphics, per-game colour etc.), screen settings(like AMD freesync, screen colour calibration etc.)? 

0 Kudos
machmum
Journeyman III

Just purchased RX 5600 XT last week and encounter same problems, anyone using same gpu? Which driver version is stable for 5600 xt? I see someone said 19.12.1 is a stable one, but it seems does not support 5600 xt. Any help would be nice. Thanks

0 Kudos
stephanius
Journeyman III

This still worked for me today, using the current October 2020 bloatware unzipped download as a source for the Windows update driver function. I wouldn't have bothered, but a game asked for a driver update.

0 Kudos
yohannvf
Journeyman III

Thank you for wasting my time AMD.

Adding unnecessary key bindings and messing with my tools

I want the possibility to not install your crappy and useless software.