cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

KateHanami
Adept I

how do I install driver for my Motherboard's integrated GPU while keeping AMD adrenaline?

my GigaByte motherboard had a built-in ATI HD 3000 that I only want to use became AND Catalyst Control Center have so e settings / features that are nor present in AMD Adrenaline Software

other than that, I don't have reason to install CCC, only those (not actually) legacy features not present in Adrenaline

0 Likes
1 Solution

Unfortunately, You can't install any driver that is incompatible with your Integrated Graphics (HD3000) unless you disable the HD3000 in BIOS and use strictly your RX 460 GPU card.

None of the RX 460 AMD Drivers is compatible with your HD 3000.

So you have a choice, Use the Integrated Graphics (HD 3000) solely or use the RX 460 solely.

Best to use the GPU card which is much more powerful and still supported by AMD Download Support.

If for some reason you are unable to disable the HD 3000 Integrated graphics than you have no choice but to either upgrade your motherboard or just use the HD3000 and remove the RX460 GPU card.

Since there probably are no drivers that are compatible with both GPUs in your PC.

This is the reason why AMD rules states to post your computer system information to prevent these type of wrong or misconceptions when answering.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Really easy, uninstall with DDU, then let Windows update install its driver. No more AMD software (unless you install Store version).

There is no Adrenaline/Radeon software for your no longer supported product.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

while keeping AMD Adrenalin

@goodplay wrote:

Really easy, uninstall with DDU, then let Windows update install its driver. No more AMD software (unless you install Store version).

There is no Adrenaline/Radeon software for your no longer supported product.

0 Likes

The HD 3xxx series GPUs is very old and has no Windows 10 drivers. That is why Goodplay mentioned to allow Windows Update to install a compatible Windows 10 driver from Microsoft.

AMD Adrenaline drivers simply are not compatible with your legacy non-supported GPU.

To find out exactly which HD 3xxx series GPU you have download and run GPU-Z and click on the upper right corner "LOOKUP" to see which GPU you have integrated in your Gigabyte Motherboard.

The only possible way of getting an update is if Gigabyte themselves creates one for your GPU card via Support download page. But that is highly unlikely since your Motherboard is End of Line and not supported by Gigabyte Support anymore.

By the way, Which processor do you have installed? is it a Intel or AMD processor? Make & Model?

0 Likes

Again, that's not what I want, my gigabyte motherboard has some( legacy) features that I want to use

But I can't use AMD Adrenaline and AMD Catalyst Control Center at the same time because one will install the other

My integrated display adapter is AMD HD 3000 and my actual GPU is AMD  RX 460 4 GB edition (not the 2 GB edition) and it still gets the live updates

0 Likes

Unfortunately, You can't install any driver that is incompatible with your Integrated Graphics (HD3000) unless you disable the HD3000 in BIOS and use strictly your RX 460 GPU card.

None of the RX 460 AMD Drivers is compatible with your HD 3000.

So you have a choice, Use the Integrated Graphics (HD 3000) solely or use the RX 460 solely.

Best to use the GPU card which is much more powerful and still supported by AMD Download Support.

If for some reason you are unable to disable the HD 3000 Integrated graphics than you have no choice but to either upgrade your motherboard or just use the HD3000 and remove the RX460 GPU card.

Since there probably are no drivers that are compatible with both GPUs in your PC.

This is the reason why AMD rules states to post your computer system information to prevent these type of wrong or misconceptions when answering.