cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jaefly
Newcomer

How do I deal with Error 182

I have just recently replaced my old Radeon HD 6450, and purchased and installed a Gigabyte Radeon RX570 4G gaming. It currently is glowing with its lights so i know its connected properly. When i run the AMD software i get error 182 - AMD Installer Cannot Properly Identify the AMD Graphics Hardware. I've tried all the things that were stated in how to deal with the error, including downloading the driver based on my specific hardware and even got the auto detect software, which tells me "all components are installed. I even went and updated my BIOS via M-Flash. I just don't know what to do anymore. I will list all information via Speccy below.

Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit SP1

Ram - 8gb Single Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz

Motherboard - MSI 760GM-P34(FX) (MS-7641) (CPU1)

Graphics - MP59G (1920x1080@59hz) my monitor, and ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics (MSI)

Storage -931 Toshiba DTA01ACA100 ATA Device

More Detailed Graphics from Speccy

Monitor
ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics
Manufacturer ATI
Model Radeon 3000 Graphics
GPU RS780
Device ID 1002-9616
Subvendor MSI (1462)
Current Performance Level Level 0
Current GPU Clock 196 MHz
Current Memory Clock 333 MHz
Current Shader Clock 333 MHz
Die Size 64 mm²
Release Date 2009
DirectX Support 10.0
DirectX Shader Model 4.0
OpenGL Support 2.0
GPU Clock 350.0 MHz
Driver version 8.850.0.0
ROPs 4
Shaders 40 unified
Memory Type System
Pixel Fillrate 1.4 GPixels/s
Texture Fillrate 1.4 GTexels/s

If anyone can please help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it. If anymore info is needed, please let me know

0 Likes
6 Replies
noodles59
Miniboss

0 Likes

So I'm going to have to look into a new motherboard? Is my motherboard really that old? I mean its 6-7 years, and i did the BIOS update to the most recent available version. At this point i just don't want to go out and spend more money if its not 100% going to fix the issue. 

If the answer is yes i need a new motherboard, could you suggest any cost efficient ones that would get rid of the error 182. (Under $150). Thank you

0 Likes
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

The motherboard has an integrated  ATI Radeon 3000 GPU. This is a legacy GPU which is not supported under Windows 10, and that is the reason for the Error 182 you are receiving,

You should try disabling the integrated GPU in the BIOS before installing the driver for the RX570.

most boards with integrated graphics automatically disable them when a dedicate card is installed

my MSI B350M board does have an option to leave the Vega 11 on my CPU enabled but I do not see any upside to using that with my GTX 1060 handling games

My GTX 1060 has 9 CU while my CPU has 11 CU so granularity is similar.

Only 1 game i have supports hybrid graphics, Ashes of the Singularity

0 Likes

Your mobo's first bios is from 2011 hence a little older

I would not invest into another vintage mobo and wait until you can swing onto a modern CPU socket. See how the other tips here help you and let us know how it goes...

0 Likes

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

0 Likes